We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time of year for weather?

London
Level Contributor
278 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Best time of year for weather?

Hi guys,

I remember that the west side of Thailand (Andaman) and east side of Thailand (Gulf of Thailand) are quite oposite in their weather. I.e. when one side is good, the other side isn't. Am I right?

Either way, when is best to visit Khao Lak? I want to go away in late October and hoping someone can advise?

Regards,

Nick

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time of year for weather?

Best weather is December-February when its dry and (by Thai standards) cooler. From March - May its very hot, and the rains begin in May/June lasting until mid/late November.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time of year for weather?

September & October are usually wettest months in Khao Lak but often accompanied by sun particularly in the morning. Accommodation prices though are at their cheapest, often less than half of Dry Season November to April.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time of year for weather?

October is not that good but as you're going at the end of the month it shouldn't be too bad.

4. Re: Best time of year for weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 00:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak