We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another coupla days

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
703 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Another coupla days

Yah it hasnt rained all afternoon -well only tiny sprinkles, walked up the beach and collected thongs ..gee we must be bored ... they are now all 30 of them hanging off a tree half way up the beach. Do have a photo will post it one day.

Went up to Walkers Inn to watch the state of origin last night , a great evening with a group of Aussies. Bit worried at times as Andy thought we may lose reception because of the weather.

Unfortunately not much to do in this weather at least you can swim doesn,t really matter if it rains.

I found a dressmaker with a bit of help from the locals with good honest prices...........probably paying a lot more than the locals but at $15 a piece to have dresses made I am quite happy .Not much else happening here It looks like the worst of the weather has passed. Off to Hilltribes for dinner tonight.

Had a meal at smile 2 nights ago I 'm afraid the owner is too much in your face to really enjoy the food, so Khungs was the order of the night last night.

Think I might have one more G&T before we go .

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another coupla days

Why not have two? Then walking home in the rain isn't as bad.....

Enjoy Hilltribes, say hello to Khun San and Khun Sao for us.

Bet you had a great time at Walkers Inn, pity about the result for you NSWelshmen.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another coupla days

Pity thtat Francky, the trantic Frenchman put you off your food. I'll have to mention it to him on his return. The last thing he would want is to upset his customers. Would much prefer to be told directly to shut up! LOL

Italy
Level Contributor
39,683 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Another coupla days

Glad to see the weather isn't dampening your spirit, I'm trying to imagine a tree full of thongs!!!

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Another coupla days

Though it might be a bit unsafe trying to retrieve a pair of size nines on branch number 12 after that 3rd G & T...........

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
703 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Another coupla days

looks like its thong hunting again today ............still raining.................maybe we will have to make a ladder out of the washed up bamboo so we can reach higher

Hilltribes for dinner last night fish with mango salsa and a hilltribe seafood ,

Finished off with sticky rice.

Tanmar ...........they are maybe not closing ...........or maybe closing from the 227th for a month ......not sure at this stage ...............bit hard to get a straight answer

6. Re: Another coupla days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2013, 14:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations