We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott - which wing recommended for pool access room

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
JW Marriott - which wing recommended for pool access room

Which wing of pool access room is close to the main pool with reasonable privacy.

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
68 reviews
1. Re: JW Marriott - which wing recommended for pool access room

Some pool access rooms have a step right into the canal directly from the terrace; no railing or protection from the water's edge. Other pool access rooms have a bit of a 'walkway' (maybe only 5') before going through a row of shrubs, and then stepping into the canal. I stayed in the first type, and loved it. It maybe isn't as 'private' as you mention, because there are swimmers going by, in the canal, and you might strike up a conversation with them, while you are sitting on your terrace. If you are in the second type of access room, you would not be in that close contact with the people swimming by in the canal.

The JW Khao Lak is a great hotel!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: JW Marriott - which wing recommended for pool access room

The main (original) wing surrounds the main pool on either side with ground floor pool acees rooms on each. They are as private as you would expect any ground floor room adjacent to "canals" leading to a main pool to be.

Perth
Level Contributor
94 posts
24 reviews
3. Re: JW Marriott - which wing recommended for pool access room

We stayed in pool access rooms that had the fence and walk through the garden to pool.. Still very close to the pool. One thing to note when we were there was that there was no step to get in or out of the water. Kids didn't have any trouble, but me - being a bit short, and my parents who had a room next door, found it very hard to get in and out of the pool. My mum had to get out of the pool along the route and walk back into the room from the front!! Defeats the purpose of pool access really.

Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: JW Marriott - which wing recommended for pool access room

Wing 3 is the best they all have steps into the pool straight from your terrace area or wing 4 or 5 are the same too.

5. Re: JW Marriott - which wing recommended for pool access room

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak