We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott or La Flora for Nov Honeymoon?

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott or La Flora for Nov Honeymoon?

Hi everyone,

We are thinking of staying for 7 nights for our honeymoon, after 5 nights on Phuket. We were going to stay the extra 7 somewhere on Phuket but have decided to go somewhere different!

At both resorts we would have a pool access room, so just wanting opinions on which is better? Location doesn't matter as we will hire a car in Phuket and have it with us, so we can drive into town for restaurants, etc.

Also open to any other suggestions - our budget is around $350 a night.

Thanks,

Stelle

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,451 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott or La Flora for Nov Honeymoon?

Hi Stelle,

What time of year are you visiting as that will significantly impact on your budget. Rates are often half or less May to October. Also the season will determine whether beach restaurants nearby will be open or closed because of beach conditions.

The 5* JWM is the larger and more luxurious resort with more facilities, particularly its incredible swimming pool (one of largest in S E Asia) with connecting waterways around and into it with direct access from the ground floor pool access rooms. It has more in-house dining options and there are several very good local restaurants immediately adjacent on the beach and a couple more near the entrance. It is located on beautiful, and sometimes wild, Khuk Khak Beach and is about 10 minutes from the main townships of Bang La On (restaurants, bars, shops and 3 days a week market) and 15 minutes from the main one Bang La On (most restaurants, bars and shops)

See pics of JWM from our brief stay there last December https://picasaweb.google.com/Arandora/JWM…

The 4* La Flora is more traditional Thai and is smaller with less facilities but nevertheless is highly regarded. The pool access rooms are larger and better furnished than the other deluxe rooms. It is directly on Bang Niang beach with the Ramada on one side, the Mukdara on the other and easy walking distance to restaurants, bars and shops.

See map of Bang Niang at walagata.com/w/arandora/Bang_Niang_2010.jpg and pics of Bang Niang Beach including La Flora frontage at https:/… (La Flora 53-56)

Noosa, Australia
Level Contributor
1,464 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott or La Flora for Nov Honeymoon?

Hi Arandora,

Thanks so much for your detailed reply! It will be 10-17 November that we will be in Khao Lak. I think we will go with the JW as I don't think we will get much better for our budget?

Thanks again,

Stelle

Peoria, Illinois
Level Contributor
572 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott or La Flora for Nov Honeymoon?

I have no information on La Flora, but I have stayed in a pool access room at JW. It was wonderful!!! JW would be my choice.

4. Re: JW Marriott or La Flora for Nov Honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 20:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak