We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriot- what hotels are nearby??

Adelaide, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
JW Marriot- what hotels are nearby??

Hi,

I have friends staying at the JW Marriott resort mid June. Unfortunately i cant stay here, but am wondering if anyone knows a close (walking distance) hotel or resort nearby?? I dont seem to be able to understand the maps!! Thanks

The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriot- what hotels are nearby??

The nearest hotel is Andamania Beach Resort, it is just 5 min walk on the beach. However, I am not sure that the hotel is opend in the low season or not.

Mentioned in this post
The Andamania Beach Resort
The Andamania Beach...
228 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,395 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriot- what hotels are nearby??

The excellent Orchid Beach Resort is further on south past the Andamania but you have to cross a sometimes fast flowing creek which can get dangerous in the Wet Season to get to the next stretch of Khuk Khak Beach. You'd need to check with the Orchid to confirm that it is open. A similar distance to the Orchid from the JWM are a few hotels (Apsaras, Takolaburi, Palm Galleria, at Cape Pakerang but agin you have to cross a creek between Khuk Khak and Pakarang beaches.

Perhaps this map shows locations better walagata.com/w/…Khao_Lak_North_April_2010.jpg

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
The Andamania Beach Resort
The Andamania Beach...
228 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Palm Galleria Resort
Palm Galleria Resort
177 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Adelaide, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriot- what hotels are nearby??

Thanks so much for your replies.. especially for the map :)

4. Re: JW Marriot- what hotels are nearby??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak