We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach Walking and Rivers

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
Beach Walking and Rivers

IS there anybody currently in Khao Lak and give a status on the streams/rivers flowing in to the sea.

Any new bridges or are they just a trickle/wadable at the moment. Specifically the rivers on either side of Bang Niang.

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Beach Walking and Rivers

Hi

Im in Khao Lak at the moment and staying at La Flora. Earlier today was able to cross the river just south of La flora while out on a beach walk at low tide wading through( was about 4pm here)

There were no bridges that I could see but water was only knee height at that time.

Sue

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Beach Walking and Rivers

The only place where they build a bridge across the creeks/run offs which is just north of the Beyond Resort Khao Lak/Le Meridien on Pak Weeb Beach. There is only 1 river, the Bang Niang, which runs out to the ocean just south of the Ramada/La Flora as referred to by SusanT. I wouldn't expect any would be trickles throughout the Wet Season and some can often become impassable particularly at high tide (even in the Dry Season), so take care.

HK
Level Contributor
855 posts
3. Re: Beach Walking and Rivers

Thanks Susan should be an easy walk then. Was crossing that stream up to my knees then suddenly fell in to a huge hole, such fun. Last year I passed it without realizing it.

Arandora, Pak Weeb is a bit to far to walk without an adequate supply of watering holes :-) The other crossing I was wondering about is just north of ChongFah, etc. Not sure if its a river or just a huge tidal lagoon but my other half refused to cross last time.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Beach Walking and Rivers

Just a run off to a tidal lagoon but when in full flow it is one of the deepest and fast flowing on to Khuk Khak Beach where they will probably be no wateri8ung holes open anyway. The first one, the Sunset Bar, was virtuall;y totally destroyed this time last year when the run off changed direction.

5. Re: Beach Walking and Rivers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 14:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak