We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
54 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

Hi All,

I've been reading a few mixed reports about the Beach Restaurants at the JWM closing around this time of year.

Is anyone at the JWM now that can confirm if they are open or closed at the moment??

We stayed at the JWM in April and it was great, so we have already booked flights back for April/May next year.

All the restaurants on the beach to the right are great, with mama's (last to the right) and phen's (first on the right) being the best.

The first bar/restaurant to the left is also good for lunch and an afternoon beer.

Thanks

Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

Hi,

You can see the state of the beach restaurants two weeks ago in the voriginal post in this topic tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k… and the weather has not improved since so I don't expect any being open but I've asked for a local answer pending any response from anyone staying there at the moment.

The restaurants will stay open as long as conditions allow but that varies from year to year. Ma Ma's being nearest to the run off the lagoon had to close before the end of April in 2011.

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

I was there with my family last weekend - they were all open.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

Good, and surprised, to know!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

Thanks for the current update. We're staying at the JW Marriott too and will try them tonight and give another update. We were here 13 months ago and honestly looking forward to going back to Mamma's for some good food.

We will post up how we go later.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

The owner of the Tew Son restaurant near the JWM, another of our favourites along with Ma Ma's has just replied via FaceBook that her and other restaurants are open at the moment. As wwith everything with the Thais "Where there's a will, there's a way!".

Aonang, Krabi
Destination Expert
for Krabi Town
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

We were pleasntly suprised with the quality and valueof the restuarants being right next to the JW. Here in Aonang, you would pay alot more for sitting with your feet in the sand with such a nice view....although our view in Aonang is more spectacular :)

Mentioned in this post
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

We went to Tew Son tonight and although the only ones in that restaurant the food was fabulous. We had spicy seafood salad and stir fry basil chicken that were superb. The seafood was especially spicy for those that like it.

Value was excellent and we'll be going there again in addition to trying some of the other beach front restaurants.

8. Re: JW Marriott - Beach Restaurants, open or closed??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 13:11