We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak (Koh Racha Daily tour)

Hong Kong, China
1 post
Save Topic
Khao Lak (Koh Racha Daily tour)

We will be staying in JW Marriott Khao Lak for 3 nights next week and will stay another night at hotel in Karon Bay before heading home. My plan was to check-out early at (say at 6.30) JW Marriott and drive to Chalong bay for a daily tour to Koh Racha in Day 4. Just wonder whether it is doable. (e.g need to get through rush hour traffic etc)

And will it safe to park rental car at Chalong bay? I heard that you need to pay a fee for the parking. And most of the posts I read was that it is reasonably safe. Is that true?

Cheers

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Khao Lak (Koh Racha Daily tour)

From JWM to Chalong should take 2 hours to 2 1/2 hours at most allowing for traffic, the heaviest of which you will only be encountering towards the end. So it depends what time your tour leaves Chalong Pier. You will probably get more replies on Phuket or Chalong Forums about car park charges and security of parking.

2. Re: Khao Lak (Koh Racha Daily tour)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:12
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations