We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Community Appeal

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Khao Lak Community Appeal

I am very sorry to pass on the sad news that the Khao Lak Community Appeal Craft Shop based in Bang Niang (not fare from the Police Boat) has closed its doors for various reasons. All the remaining craft articles provided for sale are being returned to their craft groups and hopefully will find alternative outlets elsewhere.

Sam Pering, the previous manager of the shop and the charity in Khao Lak has resigned her post but is hoping to continue working with community projects in some capacity after taking a well deserved sabbatical back home in the UK.

Could I place on record my appreciation and that of all our Khao Lak friends and visitors who have had contact with Sam for her devotion to the needs of the community she has served so well.

Sam was also the originator of the Quiz Nights which some TA Members attended over the past year. The last one for the Season takes place at 19.30 on Wednesday 16th at the Walkers Inn in Bang La On. Entrance fee is 100 baht per person fur upto 3 person teams. All proceeds go to the Khao Lak Community Appeal and for this last occasion the Grand Prize has been generously donated by Ayara Villas. It is a 2 nights stay with pool access room including breakfast ( for two person ) from 16 May to 31 Oct 2012.

1. Re: Khao Lak Community Appeal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 05:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak