We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

similan island mobile coverage.

India
Level Contributor
371 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
similan island mobile coverage.

hi,

planning to visit similan.....must sound stupid but i need to be in constant touch ....is there mobile coverage there??

thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,775 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: similan island mobile coverage.

Hi,

I've boated around that area twice before... Overall I'd call the coverage "acceptable to spotty"... but what I noticed was that it really was dependent on where I was, in that in one place the signal was quite good and not far away, it was substantially less...

Naturally the proximity to land and topography, line-of-sight issues, to the transmission tower plays a big part of that. I found that when we were close(r) to shore, I could get a signal to some degree... but as we moved farther off, so did my coverage... and I was expecting that..

I am not aware of any publicly available coverage maps from any of the three major carriers, that drill down to that level of detail to show what I think you need... but I'm sure if you inquired with one of their local shops, you could get a better answer or see if they have formal or even informally made coverage maps that do show approximate coverage.

Travel Safe,

London, United...
Level Contributor
870 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: similan island mobile coverage.

Island four has perfect coverage.

3. Re: similan island mobile coverage.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 03:13
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak