We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak to Suratthani?

calgary
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
Khao Lak to Suratthani?

How long and how much,and how do we get there

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak to Suratthani?

Hi

I recently looked into this myself as we are heading to Koh Samui after Khao Lak in Dec, I got a quote off Boss taxi's (cheaper than hotel taxi's) for the drive there.... 2800baht for 2 pax to Surat Thani town and 3500baht to Don Sak pier to get the ferry to Samui (not inc ferry just the drive one way)

travel time: approx 4 hours to Don Sak so about 3 to Surat Thani town

email: cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com for a quote for your own plans

are you just going to ST town or though to Don Sak pier

you can also get the bus which stops in Khao Lak main town (as i was told) and also you can book it through to Koh Samui inc the ferry (haven't priced that) too much messing around for us oldies haha

we ended up booking a flight to Koh Samui from Phuket for a bit extra and less travel, even though it seems like a nice scenic drive

happy planning

Mossy :-)

calgary
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
2. Re: Khao Lak to Suratthani?

Thank you so much for your information.This helps us so much.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,374 posts
33 reviews
3. Re: Khao Lak to Suratthani?

There are frequent buses and they're nowhere near as expensive as the above, something like maybe 200-300 baht. It's not at all difficult. Perhaps you have to change buses in Takuapa. Just ask at your hotel.

calgary
Level Contributor
94 posts
1 review
4. Re: Khao Lak to Suratthani?

That sounds great we will check them all out when we get there.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
Level Contributor
20,374 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Khao Lak to Suratthani?

In any case, nothing has to be booked in advance. You can arrange everything once you get there.

6. Re: Khao Lak to Suratthani?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 11:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak