We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

MIDLANDS UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
115 reviews
Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

Hi All,

My wife and I have just booked a holiday -- staying at JW Marriott Khao Lak in October for 2 weeks and would very much like to know what local restaurants anyone could recommend. As we will not be hiring a car distance should be taken into account. I would welcome any help you can provide. Thank you.

Alan

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

Hi Alan,

Immediately to your right on the beach at the JWM is a row of restaurants (our favourites being Ma Ma Greetings and Tew Son), bars and massage places which usually close because of high tides and general beach/weather conditions between May and October. However, they start to open again as soon as the beach conditions allow in October and will do so as soon as they can and it is safe enough to do so.

In addition there are two restaurants in the small shopping plaza just outside the main entrance, a Thai and an Italian. Otherwise it is the hotel shuttle or taxi (plenty outside main entrance) into Bang Niang (10 minutes) or Bang La On where you will find plenty of restaurants, bars and shops open with recommendations for them in the FAQs on the right.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Alan

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

hi, when we were there in oct. 2010 there was beach restaurants to the left and right of the hotel beach frontage as well as some very good salas for a massage. arandora is right in what he says about the hotel and shuttle anf found going into town with the hotel shuttle and coming back via a taxi suited us the best.

the jwm is a super hotel with very good room standards and while you are checking in your suitcases will be enroute to your room and waiting for you as soon as you step inside.

Ban Khao Lak...
1 post
3. Re: Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

hello, i stay in the jw marriotte with some friends in december 2011 and we saw at the way to the Hotel , just 20 m in front of it a place with different restaurants and one Spa. After the first night in the hotel we go and try the Italien Restaurant calls Antonio’s Italiano Ristorante and it was amazing !

The service, the interior and the Italien chef entertain us on a way we never see before. The various dishes and the art of presentation and the taste let everybody fall in love to the Kitchen. We will come back again! Thanks at the staff from Antonio’s Italiano Ristorante.

MIDLANDS UK
Level Contributor
105 posts
115 reviews
4. Re: Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

Many thanks for your helpful comments.

Kind regards,

Alan

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
77 reviews
5. Re: Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

The resort itself has several restaurants. I only tried the Japanese one on a buffet night (B999) but with Australian steak, tuna sushi and lobster soup, it was worth the splurge. Reserve early for a table inside.

Otherwise, there are 5-6 beach restaurants just outside the property. All had similar menus and meals ranged from B60 (for fried rice, noodles or pad thai) to B350 for a whole fish dish. An average meal with a shake might set you back B220 or so. My favorite was Ma-Ma's Greeting, at the very end on the right. They had delicious massaman curry for B80-100. I found that after a massive breakfast at 9 or 10 am, I wasn’t hungry again until almost 7pm. A lot of the restaurants also had tour desks offering competitive pricing.

For more tips and photos, feel free to check out my blog:

…wordpress.com/2012/03/15/hi-so-in-phuket/

6. Re: Local Restaurant near JW Marriott Resort Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 13:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak