We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

Swansea, Wales
Level Contributor
367 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

We returned 2 weeks ago from a wonderful 3 weeks in thailand. This time we while in the south we stayed 2 nights in khao sok and 3 nights at the orchid.

Our Jungle House was amazing- we stayed in the Romance Tree House and it was great. Had previously experienced elephant hills, which was good, but this was better. Managed 2 excursions: elephant riding, very private just 2 couples and a great experience, and canoeing (that is, you were paddled by someone) in the great limestone cliff river.

Then used Boss to transport us to the orchid, where we had a front and centre room on the top floor- 314. Fab. We prefer the main wing to the new one as the views are just stunning. Went into town the first night and had a good dinner but can't remember where exactly. Main objective was to stock up on snacks and drinks for the room, as we always seem to arrive in town when you are not allowed to buy alcohol in the shops!!

We had a very lazy and enjoyable couple of days walking on the beach and swimming in the pools and ocean. In fact, we were so lazy that we stayed in the resort for the next 2 nights and ordered room service which we had on the balcony. I think we were so 'tuckered out' from our energetic stay in khao sok that we just needed to chill out (literally). We had become so overheated in the jungle that it felt positively cool in khao lak.

Once again I must say that the staff were excellent and so caring. We are always so pleased to return to this hotel, it makes a unique time out for us both.

Hotel was very full this time and I am afraid that there were a number of towels laid out very early. Fortunately, there are so many loungers in a number of areas that they, at least, are never all taken. Also, unusually, a lot of children this year, mainly french. We may have been there during some of the school breaks in various countries, certainly we were there for the UK half term.

We never tire of this place.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

Glad you enjoyed both stays. Surprised you've found places that observed the "no sell alcohol now" rule unless you go at different times to us! LOL

Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

Thanks for your report, we really like Khao Lak but haven't stayed at the Orchid so it's good info dor our next stay.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort & Spa
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Nottingham, UK
Level Contributor
83 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

Many thanks - we have booked the Orchid (thanks again Alan!) and go in just a couple of weeks time. Really looking forward to it. Can you recall did you get free WIFI?

Katie

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,410 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

I'm sure Sue will confirm but when we stayed last March it was as stated on the web-site "Computers are free to use in the air-conditioned room (near Reception), the internet cards(for use in rooms) can be purchased at the front desk."

Savonlinna, Finland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

6 days left to Khao Lak... cannot wait!

Does anyone know how much these internet cards cost in the Orchid?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket Orchid Resort...
755 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khaolak
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

Wifi Internet both in the room and hotel is free of charge.

Savonlinna, Finland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

^Thank you for the information!

5 more days to go! Why is the time running so slow? My family has been waiting for this holiday for so long. I just hope the weather will be nice. I don't mind if it rains sometimes, but I wish it won't rain the whole 2 weeks so we get to enjoy some sun too. :)

8. Re: a wonderful stay at the Orchid once again...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak