We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The weather in Khao Lak

Savonlinna, Finland
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
The weather in Khao Lak

I just read from another travel forum that the weather in Khao Lak has been really really really rainy for the past few weeks. Thunderstorms and massive rain every day. Is this true?

It should not be the wet season on March, should it? We are coming on holiday to Khao Lak on the 18th of March and this is something that my family has been waiting for so long time. I dont want bad weather to ruin our holiday in paradise...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: The weather in Khao Lak

Really, really, really exaggerated as I am sure members there over that period and at the moment will soon confirm. Yes, there has been rain as it often rains in the Dry Season just as it is often Dry in the Wet Season. That's the nature of Khao Lak Weather. You should expect thunderstorms as the Wet Season approaches but these are usually in the afternoon/evening and may be heavy but for relatively short periods.

Your holiday in paradise will not be ruined. :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: The weather in Khao Lak

Blame the weatherman if it rains in March...!!...Because it's not supposed to rain...??...

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: The weather in Khao Lak

We have been having periods of rain.

Mornings have been absolutley magic, but yesterday we had a big dump , late arvo & into the evening.

Yes, we are having weather in Khao Lak!

Specz

4. Re: The weather in Khao Lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 14:47