We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy is Khao Lak at the moment?

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
773 posts
46 reviews
How busy is Khao Lak at the moment?

Just curious as to how busy Khao Lak is at the moment. We have had to change our travel dates by one day (from 11 March to 10 March) due to the collapse of Air Australia. I contacted our accomodation, Orchid beach resort, and they said the hotel was totally booked on the 10th and we would have to seek accomodation elsewhere, despite various booking sites showing availabilty. Not sure if it is the cynic in me, however our flight does not get into Phuket til midnite. Maybe it is the late transfer that is the issue for the hotel

Andy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: How busy is Khao Lak at the moment?

I would doubt any hotel that has availability saying they were full and denying themselves an extra day's income for half a day's occupancy. You don't have to use the hotel for transfer in any event. Taxis are available at the airport or you could use Boss of Cheaper than Hotel Taxis in Khao Lak.

Why not book into one of the airport hotels when you arrive and transfer to the Orchid later as already arranged? See http://phuketairporthotel.com/ - it is open 24/7.

2. Re: How busy is Khao Lak at the moment?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 02:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak