We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JW Marriott shuttle times?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
221 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
JW Marriott shuttle times?

just curious of shuttle times from the Marriott... We stayed in a Sheraton supposedly in Hua Hin and it turned out to be outside of town and the shuttle into HH didnt start until 11am every day. We hated being stuck until 11 and the taxis were more than we wanted to spend to get into town. So, hoping the Marriott shuttles run earlier than our last experience.

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JW Marriott shuttle times?

i might be wrong but pretty sure when we stayed the shuttle was in operation for late afternoon/evening only

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JW Marriott shuttle times?

The shuttle is 50 baht pp each way and you need to book early as it soon gets booked up but I don't know when it starts or frequency. I'd be surprised though if it started much before 11am as not much call to go the 15 mins into the main township of Bang La On before evening or before early afternoon to the market at Bang Niang on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.

A taxi to Bang Nang will cost about 350 baht, probably 400 to Bang La On.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JW Marriott shuttle times?

Staying at the JW now. It's awesome! Shuttles start at 11am and go every hour. 100B / person / way with 4 ppl minimum. Book an hour ahead. If there aren't 4 persons, they will charge you like a taxi, 300B per way per car.

For more tips and photos, feel free to check out my blog:

…wordpress.com/2012/03/15/hi-so-in-phuket/

Adelaide, SA
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JW Marriott shuttle times?

HI Jt10s,

We have 4 people in our group and I see you wrote 300B for car and 100B with the shuttle. Is that a pretty accurate price for the Taxi?

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
64 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JW Marriott shuttle times?

Hey Love:

Yep. For B300, you can take either the Marriott van or one of the many taxis waiting right out front the gates. There is a sign posted with the price, so no negotiating needed...

Have fun!

Adelaide, SA
Level Contributor
54 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JW Marriott shuttle times?

Thanks jt10s!

7. Re: JW Marriott shuttle times?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2013, 15:01
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak