We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Hi there,

We (hubby and 15yr old daughter) are travelling to Khao Lak at the beginning of May 2012 and its our first overseas trip in quite a long time. We are really looking forward to it and after reading a lot of the posts on here we are looking forward to it even more with all the great tips etc. We will be staying at the Ramada. Would love to hear from anyone else travelling there at the same time......

Edited: 19 February 2012, 17:52
Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Hi lyderem

We are in Khao Lak from May 17 to 21st. It's a family trip with my husband and myself (early 50s), my daughter, her husband (early 30s) and 18 month old son, my sister & her husband (late 40s) and her daughter & boyfriend (late teens). The trip is a celebration for my neice's 18th birthday. After Khao Lak we are off to Ao Nang. Also staying a the Ramada and can't wait! We have travelled to many parts of Thailand but have not been to Khao Lak or Krabi.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Ao Nang
Ao Nang
Krabi Town, Thailand
Krabi Town
Krabi Town
Krabi Province, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Hi Luv2h0liday

We are there from 5th to 12th, so will let you know what its like, especially the hotel... can't wait. Shame won't be there at the same time.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
372 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Have a wonderful time and I'll look forward to your feedback.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

I was going to be there if Air Australia hadn't gone bust. I have a claim in with travel insurance as we speak.

Linda

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

I'm really sorry to hear that Linda, hope you are able to get compensation from your travel insurance and can make arrangements to still get there. Keep me posted. Lynn

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Hi lyderem and Luv2hOliday,

Darran and I will arrive at the Ramada on the 5th May, so we will more than likely bump into you there :) and luv2holiday we leave on the 18th May to fly off to Bangkok, so maybe we will also catch up :).

We are having 1 week at the Merlin Resort in south Khoa Lak, before heading up to the Ramada, so we will be nice and relaxed and have left our stress behind :)

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,852 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Hi Lushdaz,

Excellent - meet you both in the lobby with a carnation in your lapel... :-) I am sure that we will bump into you. Have you been there before?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

We havent stayed at the Ramada before, but it looks fantastic :) we are very excited :) as its been one very hectic year since we were in South Khoa Lak last April.

We have stayed at The Merlin the last 5 years, just thought we would try up the H'way a bit more as we always end up in Bang Niang to eat or just to have a drink.

We love the area, the restaurants down the road or the little restaurants and bars on the beach. We also love the long beaches to walk along.

Look forward to seeing you all at The Ramada :)

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,852 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
160 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Hi Linda, Sorry to hear about your booking with AA, I had a chat to you on another post about first timers to Khoa Lak and the Ramada.

I hope you can get compensation, and still make Khoa Lak :)

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyway going to Khao Lak in May 2012

Thanks, so do I. It is in the hands of Allianz at the moment.

(Medibank) has it in their clauses that it isn’t covered at any time. So when I rang they just said no it isn’t covered full stop but they were awaiting more advice and to ring back friday arvo or mon. When I rang back they said that the insurers allianz had a change of heart and to submit a claim. We have insurered with them for the last 4 years and I always pay an extra loading to cover a pre existing condition. So fingers crossed they are going to honour it as good PR.

We flew strategic last year no problems. I paid with credit card. This year it was an extra $26 to pay by credit card so I did a direct debit. Kicking myself now. I always pay by credit card.

Linda

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak