We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak RAMADA resort

sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Khao Lak RAMADA resort

hi

we are thinking of staying at Ramada in Khao Lak for 7 Nights in April - can someone tell me how close to a/the town the resort is? is it walkable?? and are there other things to do around the area? we dont want to be stuck at the resort the whole time

thank you!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

The resort is on the beach in Bang Niang, which is the second largest township in Khao Lak with loads of restaurants, bars and shops nearby both on or overlooking the beach and on the surrounding roads upto the highway where there are even more. There is also the biggest market in Khao Lak, three days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.

Pics of Ramada at https:/…

Pics of Bang Niang Beach at https:/…

and map of surrounding area at walagata.com/w/arandora/Bang_Niang_2010.jpg

Plenty of tours available if you like snorkelling to the Similan Islands, Koh Tachai and the Surin Islands, for sea canoing and awesome scenery in Phang Nga Bay and river canoing and more awesome scenery in Khao Sok National Park and Cheow Lan Lake.

Goteborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
62 posts
31 reviews
2. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

Arandora already posted an answer while I wrote this:

Ramada is located in Bang Niang which is the second biggest township in the Khao Lak area. There are plenty of things to do there. If you want tó go to Bang La On which is the biggest township, then it takes around 10 minutes with taxi and the price is THB 150 (around 7 AUS§). You can also walk on the beach, that takes around 50 minutes.

Edited: 16 February 2012, 13:18
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,877 posts
146 reviews
3. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

Great place to stay

you wont be stuck there for a minute

heaps of restaurants on the beach and nearby.

take their "free' well they were last april, pushbikes and go exploring

Enjoy, you will...

sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
4. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

THANK YOU to all for your info !! I think Ramada it is! First time to Thailand, bit nervous but excited!

Edited: 17 February 2012, 23:39
england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

Oh don't be nervous cpsydney, you will love it there. We stayed next door to the Ramada at La Flora and both hotels are in a brilliant spot. The beach is lovely and as the others have said there are plenty of eating places on the beach and just a short walk away.

Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,818 posts
386 reviews
6. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

Hi

After consultation with Arandora we recently stayed in the Ramada. It is a 2 min gentle stroll to the nearest shop, 5 mins to the road that goes to the beach nd there is a huge choice there, and 15 up to the main road.

Very nice resort.

newcastle
Level Contributor
384 posts
7. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

What dates are you looking at in April? I know they are fully booked out at the end of April. We have a booking from 22nd - 28th April and they are trying to move us to JW Marriott. We don't want to move as we feel the location of Ramada suits us better. I emailed them last night to say no we don't want to move, but haven't had a response yet.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,483 posts
300 reviews
8. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

I got a bit of a free taste of the Ramada Khao Lak when some family members were staying there while I stayed at a cheaper place. Incidentally they'd got some really good prices through Flight Centre that were available on the Ramada website but not on the likes of Agoda etc. which really surprised me. The resort is very nice. It's beachfront,the grounds are well kept, & it has a big pool with some features. There were some screaming kids in the pool at times but what can you do....

It's a bit secluded,but certainly not enough to be deemed not walking distance. Try the beachfront restaurant just to the left as you walk out onto the beach from the resort.

Getting in between the two main town centres in Khao Lak can be a little cheaper if you manage to find a motorcycle taxi. I did,but they seemed few and far between,and the songthaews seem to have a bit of a mafia thing going on with their inflated fixed price. Nevertheless it's worth having a look at both towns.

I can't see why you'd be disappointed staying at the Ramada,so well done on a good choice, & I'm sure you'll want to be back. Khao Lak is peaceful, a far cry from the tourist-crammed beaches of Patong. Do enjoy a tour of the Similan Islands, you should be able to find something for about 1800THB per person,including hotel pickup, for a day trip on a speedboat. Perhaps next time check out the mountains of Chiang Mai....!

Edited: 18 February 2012, 02:31
sydney
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
9. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

hi aussienic

we are staying the first week in April - booked through our travel agent so no problems

I hope they dont force you to move that would be a shame!

Does anyone else know do we need anti-malaria tablets???

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
10. Re: Khao Lak RAMADA resort

Khao Lak is malaria free and you do not need anti-malarials. However, there are mossies so you should apply repellent in the evening. Also because of the risk of Dengue Fever which is caught from day time mosquitoes and which is prevalent throughout all of SE Asia, you should use repellent during the day too. Some sunscreens (such as from Boots) contain repellent.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak