We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

Dubai
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

I am planning to visit Thiland on 20th August to 1st September 2012 together with my husband.

we was thinking spending 5 days in Bangkok for shopping, and cheking our on 25th.

the rest of the time we want to spend in Phuket. I don't know if I'm aming for too much with my limited time in the island.

after reading about Khoa Sok national park adventure, I love to have a 3 days and 2 nights package.

then i would like to see Phuket town, and have sea trips to both phi phi & Phang Nga.

when calculating my plans 3 days (advanture), 1 day (town), 2 days (boat day trips), I'm almost out of time; since i have to catch my flight back in Bangkok on the 1st September.

I need travelers advice on the best way of doing it all in regards to transportation, which also seems to take a lot of time.

if taking night express train from bangkok on 25th towords Khoa Sok and arriving their in the forming to start the adventure, whouldn't it be so tiry and difficult.

and if we finish on 28th what is the best fast way to reach phuket and which part of it is better for our next town visits and sea trips, is it chalong or Patong ? or maybe airport area since we need to leave on 31 to bangkok again?

please share with me your best experiences , thank you.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

If you want to visit Khao Sok you can fly to Surat Thai or Phuket and take road transfers.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

If you want to visit Khao Sok you can fly to Surat Thai or Phuket and take road transfers. Phuket is probably the easiest route.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Dubai
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Which one is faster Phuket to Khoa sok, or Surat?

I was reading from previous posts that airlines are not very reliable and might be cancelled, or delayed?

Do you advice taking express night train to Surat from Bangkok? And do you think we still be fresh in the morning to catch up the tour.

I checked khaosok discovery;

khaosokdiscovery.com/program-khaosok-3days2n…

do you have any better suggestion?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

Basically after leaving Bangkok you will have only 6-7 days in which you want to spend 3 at Khao Sok, see Phuket Town and trips to Phi Phi and Phang Nga. With transfer times you will be hard pressed to fit all that in.

As for the Khao Sok trip, the Khao Sok Discovery tour, which is typical of such tours, assumes you are staying in accommodation on Phuket as it includes transfers to and from that accommodation. If that is the case as it includes two nights accommodation in Khao Sok you will be paying for accommodation twice.

If you are staying in Phuket, it will take about 3 hours by road to Khao Sok National Park where the tours usually start. If you either fly to Surat Thani or catch the overnight train to there (which personally I think will leave you too tired to fully enjoy your first day and possibly the rest of the tour too) transfer to Khao Sok by mini-bus or taxi will take 2-3 hours.

I do not think any reports you may have been reading about the reliability of flights to Phuket or Surat Thani. They are no more or less reliable to anywhere else and would still be my preferred option. However bear in mind if you are joining your Khao Sok tour straight from Bangkok by whatever means of transport, you will have all your luggage with you.

Other tour operators that you can contact to give you advice and make arrangements with are Limestone Lake Tours at www.limestonelaketours.com/… and Khao Sok Explorer at khao-sok-explorer.e-monsite.com/accueil.html

Plenty of information about Khao Sok on the Khao Sok Forum at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowForum-g1657011-i16537-…

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
Phuket Town
Phuket Town
Phuket, Thailand
Phi Phi Hotel
Phi Phi Hotel
952 Reviews
Ko Phi Phi Don, Thailand
Phang Nga
Phang Nga
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Khao Sok National Park
Khao Sok National Park
1,129 Reviews
Surat Thani, Thailand
Dubai
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

That’s very explanatory.

I was thinking to leave my whole luggage at the hotel in Bangkok (of course I need to contact them first and check if they agree on that, especially that I will be spending the last night of 31th at the same hotel before catching the flight on the 1st of September)

I wished to try the floating floating house and the tree house, so I didn’t plan to have any booking with any hotel in Phuket before 28th.

I mean I was thinking to leave the hotel in Bangkok on 25th and spend 3 days among the nature before finishing our tour in Phuket.

I thought those tours could pick up from the airport in the same way they can pick us from the hotel. is that correct?

Or maybe I could stay the night of 25th to morning 26th in any hotel in Phuket and check out early morning, since I have no luggage. But I’m afraid it will be rainy for a floating house and it might be cancelled.

Do you think 2 days and one night tour will be enough to feel it all?

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok
Bangkok
Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

Certainly the end of August is in the middle of the Wet Season so you should expect rain but not necessarily get any or if any it may be in the afternoon or evening. I doubt it will cause any cancellation. As for your transfer arrangements that is is the reason I recommended the two companies as they will advise the best option to suit you.

7. Re: help me with my first planed trip to Thailand!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2013, 01:43
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak