We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Prices

wales
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
Hotel Prices

Hi, We are arriving in Khao lak 2/3/12 first weeks accommodation is booked, having not been to this area of thailand before our intention was to wait until arrival before booking our second week..Do you think this is a good idea with relation to availability?--Is the walk up hotel price good value, or are sites like asia rooms/ agoda hard to beat when you pre book..?

(1st week we are staying at nang thong beach resort)

Thank You

Ian

Edited: 25 January 2012, 20:32
Merthyr Tydfil
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Hotel Prices

Dear Ian what you have to do is walk up to reception and ask nicely can i have a room please.you will find them most accomadating i hope this as been helpful.

Streetwise.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Hotel Prices

I'm sure you will get accommodation at that time. Whether you get it any or much cheaper than on-line is another matter. For instance, I doubt whether you would get the NTBR any cheaper by asking to extend your stay at a cheaper rate than you have paid as they are contracted to an agent. You may find that the case with others too. You can try getting the best on-line prices during your first week for other accommodation you fancy then going around and seeing if they will beat it,

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
3. Re: Hotel Prices

Because you have booked your first weeks accommodation you could wait until you arrive and check out other places but just make sure you don't spend too much time looking for another option rather than enjoying your holiday.

Perth
Level Contributor
586 posts
15 reviews
4. Re: Hotel Prices

Hi Ian,

Trust us, if you are booked into a beach front bungalow at Nang Thong Beach Resort, you won't want to move.......

wales
Level Contributor
89 posts
17 reviews
5. Re: Hotel Prices

Hi Tanmar,

Yep! We are booked into the beach front bungalow...we are a group of 6 with 3 rooms so unfortunately, we may not have the option of staying due to availability for our party...oops, thanks for the info though, any tips greatly recieved.

Ian

Merthyr Tydfil
Level Contributor
34 posts
9 reviews
6. Re: Hotel Prices

doh doh!

7. Re: Hotel Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2013, 14:53
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak