We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best romantic dining?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
best romantic dining?

My sister and new husband are heading to Khao Lak-prob the Haadson or Chong Fa for their Honeymoon....however it is also her birthday while she is there which is a BIG deal as she is a leap year baby!

So we were wanting to treat them to a fabulous dinner so I need some suggestions.....................

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best romantic dining?

In my view, there is nothing more romantic than a private dinner at sunset on the beach. The Chong Fah has an excellent restaurant directly overlooking Bang Niang beach but because of its position you can't dine on the beach. However, I am sure they will set a table for a special occasion away from the other beach front diners.

The Haadson is across the road from a secluded part of Bang Sak beach and I'm sure, so long as the it is not high tide, the resort would arrange a dinner for two on the beach.

Both are fabulous locations for the awesome sunsets directly in front, followed by the twinkling lights of both the stars above and the lights of the fishing boats all along the horizon. As th beach by the Haadson is bordered by trees there will probably be fire flies adding their own display after dusk.

For a regular restaurant dinner, the Sashi Restaurant of the Ramada in Bang Niang (also has special dining areas on the beach). This is 5 minutes stroll up the beach from the Chong Fah.

Finally if they are at the Chong Fah, they could go to the Sunset Bar just acroos the creek on the headland of Khuk Khak beach. It is better to go here in daytime, as you need to wade the creek, arrange a date and select from the special dinner menu. The guys there will contact Nop, the arranger of special meals and who will also arrange to get your couple to and from the venue. Again this is a great sunset spot but with dining in a simple but uniquely presented location.

See recent pics at https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sunset Bar
Sunset Bar
598 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best romantic dining?

Thanks Arandora!

I have been following some of your posts eagerly!

THANKS FOR THE INFO

Perth
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best romantic dining?

Make sure they get some lanterns to light on the beach, release and make a wish. Wonderful way to finish a special evening.

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best romantic dining?

Hi Guys.

I second what Arandora has said about the " Sunset Bar " It is a very special and unique spot for lunch or dinner.

Don't miss it, you won't be sorry.

Regards Bob & Chris.

Mentioned in this post
Sunset Bar
Sunset Bar
598 Reviews
Nong Thale, Thailand
Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best romantic dining?

Hi Alan

I have always watched those lanterns in the sky. How do you get them?

Linda

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best romantic dining?

In most of the shops and sellers on the beach.

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,642 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best romantic dining?

Thanks

8. Re: best romantic dining?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2013, 15:05
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak