We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Riverside Resort?

Ohio
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Beach at Riverside Resort?

First time trip to Thailand and I have it narrowed down to the Ramada or the Khaolak Riverside Resort. Does the Riverside provide any beach loungers, umbrellas or towels for guests? If not, are they available for rent on the beach? I'm wondering if we should just pay more to stay at the Ramada in order to have beach amenities.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Mentioned in this post
The Riverside
The Riverside
2,153 Reviews
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Riverside Resort?

The Riverside is set back from the beach just up the creek that separates Bang Niang Beach from Nang Thong Beach. On both there are plenty of restaurant/bars that provide free loungers if you eat/dine there but you need to bring your own towels or ones provided by the resort. I think Riverside, like the Ramada, provides towels to use On their own loungers, in the Riverside's case for around it's pool but not sure whether you can take off resort with you. Best check with the resort.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Riverside Resort?

Pics of Riverside (and La Own) Resort taken a couple of weeks ago for a friend at https:/…

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,634 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Riverside Resort?

Personally having stayed at La Flora which is right next to the Ramada, I prefer the position of those hotels. They are right on the lovely beach in a perfect position. I loved La Flora and Ramada looked very nice too.

Mentioned in this post
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Riverside Resort?

We stayed at Khao Lak Riverside last year and you are not allowed to take towels off the property....They do provide large umbrellas and towels and banana chairs around their pool area...

And they do rent single or double kayaks to paddle up Bang Niang river...

This is the cleanest resort we have ever stayed in bar none....

It is cheaper than La Flora and Ramada...Budgetwise is the reason we chose Riverside....

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,135 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
5. Re: Beach at Riverside Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 January 2013, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak