We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around Orchid Beach Resort

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Around Orchid Beach Resort

We have just come across the above resort and it looks very inviting, particularly the 7 night package deal. I do have a question about location. I do understand that it is out of town and in a quiet, relatively undeveloped area, which does suit us, however I wonder if there are any other restaurants, massages etc within walking distance (10-20 minutes). I have read that the resort does offer shuttles into town but we do enjoy walking around and seeing what the local areas have to offer.

Andy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around Orchid Beach Resort

There are only one little restaurant on the beach to the right and two more, including the excellent Sunset Bar 700 metres to the left. By day, you can then cross the creek by the Sunset Bar, tide, depth and flow of water permitting and walk onto Bang Niang Beach where there are restaurants, massages and bars overlooking and further south on the beach and many more up to the highway where you could catch a taxi back to the Orchid about 15 mins away.

Pics of Khuk Khak Beach where the Orchid is located taken between November and now at https:/…

You can also walk further north across another creek past the Andamania until you reach the J W Marriott where there there is a row of restaurant and massage places.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Around Orchid Beach Resort

PS:

I was assuming you are considering coming in the Dry Season, November to April, otherwise in the Wet Season, May to October, most beach restaurants are closed because of high and rough seas.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
771 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Around Orchid Beach Resort

Thanks for that Arandora. Going by your photos, it looks like the place would really suit us for a week before we head off to the madness of Phuket. We will be there in March so the beach conditions are unlikely to be much of an issue.

Andy

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Around Orchid Beach Resort

March should be ideal. Usually hot and sunny with occasional thundershowers. Should prepare you for Phuket nicely although a week AFTER Phuket to recover would be better! :-)

Pics of Sunset Bar to further whet your appetites https:/…

5. Re: Around Orchid Beach Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2013, 15:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations