We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girly dress question

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Girly dress question

Hi everyone.

Ive been going to Phuket and Koh Samui for the past 10 years, I even got married in Nai Yang!!

This is our first trip to Khao Lak and my family who have never ever been to thailand before are joining us. Heres the question....

Not been for almost 2 years and my sister in law is asking how she should pack for evening wear and bugger can I get it right!!in Phuket i remember I like to casual dress in linen trousers and smart vest tops or casual kaftan short dresses or smart shorts and tops. Is this ok to wear in Khao lak - dont want to over dress as im learning khao lak is very laid back but staying in Ramada would imagine you would have to dress smarter than normal in the evenings.

Any advice please?

Thanks very much

Donna

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Nai Yang
Nai Yang
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Girly dress question

Hi Donna

Similar to what you wore in Phuket. Nothing fancy either at Ramada - smart but casual.

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Girly dress question

Hi Arandora,

Once again thanks for your reply and advice.

Donnaxx

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations
Level Contributor
1,823 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Girly dress question

Hi, I have similar questions about women's attire but this thread and other posts I have read are using terminology I am not familiar with and/or discussing items of clothing I don't own, so I need the American-focused version of the dress code if anyone can help.

I'm staying at Le Meridien but probably will have dinner most nights at restaurants on the beach, which I understood are very casual places. My primary question is whether it is acceptable to wear mid-thigh length cotton/khaki shorts with knit tops and casual sandals at these restaurants, or if "smart" shorts and tops are something dressier (if so, what)? For dinners at Le Meridien, I would dress up a little more (e.g., a dress or silk sweater set (usually sleeveless shell and cardigan) with skirts or capri pants).

Since most of my summer wardrobe consists of sleeveless tops and shorts/skirts/dresses that are above the knee, I also wanted to confirm my undestanding that I do not need to be concerned with exposed shoulders, knees, or feet around Khao Lak unless I am visiting a temple or similar venue, where I know that different standards of dress apply.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Mentioned in this post
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,470 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Girly dress question

All the attire you are considering is perfectly acceptable.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,445 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Girly dress question

Just wear your normal summer clothes but remember it is hot and humid so loose clothing is the go

6. Re: Girly dress question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2013, 15:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak