We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
131 reviews
Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

We have just booked 10 days at JW Marriott for next summer.

We realise it is the rainy season and can expect it to rain a coulple of hours each day, but how is the beach during summe?,

Is the water clear or is there big waves ervery day and what is the the closest place to go snorkeling?

Thanks in advance :)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

The water is never clear in any season because of constant movement of the ocean which gets quite rough in the Wet Season. No snorkelling from the beach either and Similan and Surin islands closed. Ask in KL when you arrive for available snorkel tours based on weather at the time.

2. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 25 December 2011, 21:26
Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
7 posts
156 reviews
3. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

For snorkeling, I would recommend the Similan island tour.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
4. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

Jonnhyu,

The OP is going in the Wet Season when the Similan Islands are closed.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
2,267 posts
131 reviews
5. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

Thanks all.

Seems we will need to find other activities.

I will do some more research. I have never been to Thailand before, and is really exited about going, so I am sure we will be able to find interesting things to do.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,069 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

Try the Gulf coast. There is a different weather pattern there so you will be able to swim in the sea and go snorkelling.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
99 reviews
7. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

I stayed at Marriott Khao Lak for a few days in October, which I believe is also rainy season. The weather wasn't great for us, rained every day and when dry, it was very overcast. The beach was lovely though and the hotel provide kayaks and bodyboards for their guests to use. There are also alot of tour operators right on the beach that can organise trips and activities, aswell as the hotel themselves (although it would probably be more expensive arranging things through the resort).

8. Re: Khao Lak Beach in by JW Marriott summer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2012, 15:50