We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Briza Resort

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Briza Resort

Hi folks,

Has anyone stayed at this resort recently? What's the food like? Are there nice restaurants that serve authentic Thai food near by? I have a dairy allergy and although I will be taking a card that translates my allergy into Thai, just wondering your opinion on the restaurants. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#2 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Briza Resort

Hi

we stayed at Merlin which is just up from Briza Resort and there are many restaurants around the area, we liked Jo's seafood (although they have a varied menu to suit everyone, see my review) just around the corner to the right from your resort on the beach side, their food was great and cheap too, thier English was pretty good so I think you should be fine explaining your allergy to them especially as you have a translation card

lots more restaurants out on the street just outside of the resort too that serve very good Thai food

a 10 min taxi ride takes you into the main town of Khao Lak where you will find many good dining places and more in Bang Niang another 5-10 min from there.....spoilt for choice :-)

Briza looks lovely, we walked past it almost every day and the beach is beautiful there, great beach massage in the huts to your left as you walk out onto the beach

have a great stay in Khao Lak :-)

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,846 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Briza Resort

I presume it is the original Briza (beachfront) and not the new (opened last year) Briza Lite which is set back behind the other resort. Mossy's comments about nearby restaurants still apply though. The Mali is very good. Walk past the Merlin on the beach and you will come across "shacky" type beach restaurants and go right along and up to the Poseidon Bungalows to its restaurant perched overlooking the estuary with views across Tab Lamu where most tours to the Similan Islands start.

There is also a Viewpoint Restaurant on the other side of the highway belonging to the Asia Elephant & Safari Park, which overlooks the elephant enclosure and stunning views to the south with Phuket in the far distance visible on a clear day.

Mentioned in this post
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,846 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Briza Resort

Lovely!! Seems like I will be spoilt for choice here! Thanks for the info, will certainly come in handy.

Not sure which Briza we booked. I used booking.com for the hotel. Will investigate this now. Cheers

4. Re: Briza Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 22:12