We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Here is a link to photos of the various new developments currently in progress from now (November 2011) until we leave next April. The album will be updated as we get around to visiting and revisiting the various sites.

First pics are of:

* Mai Khao Lak Beach Resort & Spa located at the nothern end of Pak Weeb Beach beyond the Le Meridien. Scheduled to open November 2012.

* Beyond Resort Khao Lak, also on Pak Weeb Beach just north of the Le Meridien. Part open now, due for completion December.

See https:/…

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Thanks for the update Alan.

Gosh they sure are building them fast left right and centre! Hmmm... I wonder if Pak Weeb Beach will remain the gorgeous little secret that it is. We were there only 3 weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed that beach so much it was just gorgeous and so peaceful and relaxing... the kind of beach holidays I sit on my desk and dream of everyday lol!

I'm just curious what happens to all these employees during the off peak season. The restaurants on White Sand beach were sooo quiet when we were there.

Thanks for the photos, the beach looks so amazing and what a glorious beach day you had!

Enjoy your holidays!

Cheers, Coco

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Staff are mostly kept at a minimum in Low Season, others are laid off and find whatever work they can or very often return to their homes in other parts of Thailand. A hard life!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

A lot of workers are Burmese,.....that is why they do not understand even basic english...very, very hard life....

Italy
Level Contributor
39,684 posts
234 reviews
4. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Thanks for the info.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

On Bang Niang beach no construction works (hee, everywhere, they will never stop unless there will be only cement..).

But walking from the lagoon you will find Casa de la Flora followed by two big walls that cut out the beach at high tide. It looks like a mad designer decided to move from Dubai to do some damage here :-(

Anyway i'll update the info on TA when i make photos, still very surprised that only last year the beach had no walls.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

@ Maurizio: "A lot of workers are Burmese,.....that is why they do not understand even basic english...very, very hard life...."

Most Burmese do speak and understand more English than the average educated Thai.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Bang Niang Beach has had retaining walls at the edge of various resorts for several years. The retaining wall at the Casa de la Flora was built and completed before the rest of the resort was constructed and opened last April.

The new developments this thread refers to are ones that were under construction then and any started since.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

It is Casa de la Flora the part that hurts the eye, not the small wall......

Any resort in any part of Thailand have small and reasonable beach walls.

The 2 huge walls that cut the beach are from beach bars, they may have built too much into the sea....

I will not put Bang Niang beach on the list of best ones in KL...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Original Post updated to include:

* Khuk Khak Beach - new resort just started mid-way south between Sunset Bar and Orchid Beach Resort (probably completed 2012-13 Season); new bungalow resort north of Orchid Beach Resort, bungalows overlook man made lagoons with mountain views (probably completed early 2012)

* Bang Sak Beach - north of Haadson Resort, the new HUGE Gracelands Resort (completed 2013?)

Latest link https:/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
669 posts
152 reviews
10. Re: New Resort Development Khao Lak November 2011 to April 2012

Has Khao Lak rebounded to pre-tsunami time...just curious.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak