We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I will 32 weeks pregnant staying in khao lak

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
I will 32 weeks pregnant staying in khao lak

Hi there,

I have planned my best friends wedding in khao lak for march 2012 and since organizing it have fallen pregnant, so I will be 32 weeks pregnant for the wedding. My doctor has given me the go head to travel and attend as ling as I remain in good health, but I wanted to do some research on what facilities may be available just case medical attention is needed during the one week stay. The hotel I am staying in is Le meridien. I am traveling from Sydney, Australia. I really want to try my best to attend the wedding!

Does anyone know of midwives, doctors, obstetricians, hospitals operating in the khao lak area? I will still be far from my due date, but it will just put me at ease knowing what is available in case anything happens early...

Best,

Briana

Gold Coast
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan, Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
26,202 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I will 32 weeks pregnant staying in khao lak

The only hospital worth considering is probably the International Hospital in Phuket which would be about 1 1/2 hours from Khao Lak. There are medical facilities in Khao Lak, though how good they are I am not sure:

khaolaklovers.com/Medical-Care-in-Khao-Lak.h…

Victoria, Australia
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I will 32 weeks pregnant staying in khao lak

What about the airline? What are their rules on flying whilst pregnant?

Linda

Sydney, Australia
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: I will 32 weeks pregnant staying in khao lak

Yes they generally won't let you fly past 36 weeks and past 30weeks many require a letter from your doctor.

Best,

Briana

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I will 32 weeks pregnant staying in khao lak

The best hospital in Phuket in most people's opinion and from the our experience and that of friends is the Bangkok Phuket Hospital near Phuket Town but still about 1 1/2 to 2 hours from Le Meridien. There are clinics in Khao Lak with doctor in attendance, one in Bang Niang and one in Bang la On. The latter is run by the excellent Dr. Chusak and his wife and I would recommend you pop in there on your arrival at one of the evening surgeries (5pm to 7pm) so that they can reassure you about the facilities and services you may need. The Le Meridien will also have contacts with the local medical services.

5. Re: I will 32 weeks pregnant staying in khao lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2012, 15:58
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak