We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dairy Allergy

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Dairy Allergy

Hi folks,

We're visiting Khao Lak in Feb next year. I was wondering if you might be able to provide some advice on eating out. I have a dairy allergy and hopefully will get my translation cards soon.

I know generally Thai food would not contain any dairy products but in some Thai restaurants (in Aberdeen for example) some chefs would add cream to a thai curry dish. Does this happen here?

I am not a fussy eater but just need to be careful of what I eat.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,780 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dairy Allergy

Hi,

Dairy is not a really common ingredient-- but it's out there.... You will find it more often in desserts and sweets than in entrees... Thinking about the various desserts made with sweetened condensed milk and the like. but I can also think-- like you-- of some curries and the like that have it either as a sweeter or thickening agent,,

But I think in the big picture, it's not an overly common ingredient in entrees.

Travel Safe,

2. Re: Dairy Allergy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 November 2012, 15:53
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations