We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
*** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

A couple of years ago, TA members staying in Khao Lak (and beyond in one case!) enjoyed some Get Togethers at a local restaurant.

Mrs.A and I return to Khao Lak on 23rd November 2011 until 16th April 2012 for our annual escape from the UK Winter and during that time we will be joining in with friends old and new at fortnightly Quiz Nights organised by and benefiting the Khao Lak Community Appeal Foundation, a registered charity in Thailand and the UK. It was launched in January 2005 in memory of six British friends who died in the tragic events of the 2004 Tsunami. The Khao Lak Community Appeal focuses on improving Healthcare and Education services in the Khao Lak area.

There is a small entry fee to the Quiz that fully supports this worthwhile and necessary work.

It is suggested that interested members meet up prior to the Quiz for a meal or drink, whatever you fancy, before moving on to the venue which changes according to availability. Typically Quiz Nights over the Wet Season have been held at the Walkers Inn (Bang La ON), Everyday Lazy House Bar (formerly Everyday Lazy House Restaurant and bar, Bang La On) and Song's Bar and 12Bar (Bang Niang)

As soon as I become aware of the Quiz Night timetable I will post details on this thread including venue for the Quiz and the Get together.

I hope this will enable interested members to put actual faces and names to virtual ones and enjoy a fun evening, made more enjoyable knowing that we will be contributing to a very worthy and necessary cause with locals and volunteers providing our opponents.

Watch this space! :-))

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Norfolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Chaweng, Ko Samui
Level Contributor
37,583 posts
386 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

Hi

As you know I and Mr Mitch will be in Khoa Lak for a couple of days towards the end of January for a Sunday and Monday night, it would be nice to meet up, Quiz night or not!!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

Will do. PM me dates and where staying please.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
12 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

Hi,

It was so nice last year, we look forward to it again this year.

Mr. E and I will arrive December 16 and we will stay one month this year.

India
Level Contributor
372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

Hi Arandora,

We will be in Patong in January, can we attend one of these quiz nights not sure how far is khao lak from patong?

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

Hi,

Of course you can attend. Patong to Khao Lak is about 2 hours though. If you don't have a hire car, a car plus driver for perhaps the day or afternoon/evening might be a good idea.

Mentioned in this post
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

Sounds great.......everything going to plan, hope to catch up in Late Feb, early March 2012.

Cant wait

Mr & Mrs Specz

India
Level Contributor
372 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

perfect count us in for one night minimum

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

The next Quiz Night is to be held this Wednesday, 14th December.

The venue is the new Jungle Bar & Restaurant 2 in Bang Niang

Location: the road leading down from Pinoccio's on the beach road to la Flora and the Ramada. It is on the corner on your left as you go towards La Flora.

Time: Quiz starts about 8:15pm so anytime before then depending whether you are dining there. Good Thai/International menu at decent prices.

Entrance fee which goes to Charity, as described in the OP, is 100 baht per person.

Unfortunately Murphy's Law prevails and Mrs.A and I can't make this one so no pre TA Get Together but any members here and wanting a bit of fun in aid of a good cause are welcome to attend.

The Quiz Organiser is then returning to UK for 3 weeks so unless a stand in can be recruited, next one will probably be in January.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,134 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

The next Quiz Night is to be held on Thursday 2nd February at Walkers Inn starting at 8pm.

The Walkers is located on your left leaving Bang La On just after the end of the dual carriageway and opposite the Laguna Resort.

Sorry we can't be there but Good Luck to anyone who goes. They are fun nights.

Mentioned in this post
Walkers Inn
Walkers Inn
504 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: *** TA Member Get Togethers 2011/12 ***

As a further inducement to attend, the 1 2 Bar in Bang Niang has donated a 1000 baht voucher for the winners.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand