We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Khao Lak reccomendations

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Khao Lak reccomendations

Hi all

I will be going to Khao Lak in December on a day trip, leaving from Nai Yang. Most likely i will catch a local taxi there and will need a taxi back. As i will only have a day to look around can anyone recommend which area to go to?

Mainly want to go to the beach have a nice lunch and look around for a possible places to stay in future if we like the area. Have been reading the faq's and as there seems allot of choice it has made it more confusing.

Thanks,

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Nai Yang
Nai Yang
Phuket, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Khao Lak reccomendations

Hi Davnic

you might be better to get in touch with Boss Taxis, he is excellent and will structure a good sightseeing tour of Khao Lak and surrounds for you, with return transfers to your hotel, he is very good and informative on these tours, very reliable and professional service,

it would work out cheaper than seperate taxi's and having to get taxi's around the area from a to b

email Boss:

cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com

on the way through maybe:

Lampi waterfalls

Turtle conservation centre

Khao Lak viewpoint and town, check out Nang Thong Bay Resort there on the beach, some lovely beach bungalows there

Bang Niang beach area (good place to look around for hotels too)

Tsunami memorial and museum

Police boat

Fishing boats and harbour

Takua Pa town and markets

maybe Khao Lak markets if they are on the day you go

Chong Fah waterfalls

white sand beach (possibly for lunch) best beach in Khao Lak

just to name a few place you could go to, you may not fit it all in for a day trip but Boss will make a good tour of all the best parts, see you need to come and stay for a while its a great place, best place that we ever discovered.....true paradise

happy planning :-)

Edited: 08 November 2011, 10:46
Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Nang Thong Bay Resort
Nang Thong Bay Resort
306 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Takua Pa
Takua Pa
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
747 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Khao Lak reccomendations

Thanks Mossy

Today i was thinking of a hire car or bike but a tour guide as you suggest would be the best option. I will email Boss and mention your suggestions and see what he can come up with as we would like to see as much as possible and then work out a plan to spend a week or 2 next year.

Thanks again,

3. Re: Day trip to Khao Lak reccomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2012, 11:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations