We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat near La Flora??

York
Level Contributor
42 posts
Where to eat near La Flora??

Hello, I have had a look through old posts and the reviews on the right hand side of this page - I just wanted some up to date recommendations of places to eat near La Flora?? Won't miss Hill tribes as this has some brilliant reviews :) Many thanks in advance

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,068 posts
4 reviews
1. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

Khao Niau is my favourite. If you go to the main road turn right at 7-11 and you will find it just after the market.

For western food go to the street opposite Mukdara Resort. Here you will find good Mexican, Italian and English food.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g612391-d2…

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

If you've looked through recent posts and the FAQs I don't think there is much to add as reports of new places that have opened or closed since the end of the last season have niy yet started to come in.

A new restaurant that is attracting early good reports, particularly for its location is the new Green Pepper reatuarant which is directly overlooking the beach to the right of the Chong Fah Restauarant which is next but one to La Flora.

The Mali, Sawasdee, Loma, Bavarian House and Candle restaurants on the beach road and the Takieng across from the 711 next to the Police Boat are regular recommendations.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
414 posts
150 reviews
4. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

Very helpful as we leave for La Flora on the 29th November

Can I ask if it is wise to have ice in drinks and eat salad and peeled fruit in Kao Lak?

Also what about cleaning your teeth do you need to use bottled water?

Sorry but we have travelled in parts of the world where the water is not safe.

Thanks for your help with this

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

Ice cubes served with drinks are manufactured and bought in bulk so no problem. Avoid salads, fruit and food left standing in buffets. Freshly served and cut is fine. No doubt you will be buying your own delicious fruit from the local big and busy three times a week (Mon, Wed, Sat 2pm to 7pm) market a short walk from La Flora at the top of the beach road.

Bottled water to drink and rinse your teeth in if you prefer but we have no problem with tap water for just rinsing but not swallowing.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
414 posts
150 reviews
6. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

Thanks for this, you are a mine of information about Khao Lak. How much time do you spend in Thailand each year?

We are hoping the weather improves before our holiday

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

"Only" 5 months. LOL. The weather in Khao Lak is typical for this time of year with less rain and cloud and more sun as the end of the Wet Season approaches.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
414 posts
150 reviews
8. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

My partner would not leave the garden and allotment and his golf club for that long! I only manage to get him away for about six weeks every year.

How long does it take to walk to the market? I can't walk far at the moment but will have to the nine nights we are in Hong Kong visiting my son so hoping to take it very easy in Khao Lak

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
9. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

A gentle10 minutes with plenty of rest stops on the way. See location on map at walagata.com/w/arandora/Bang_Niang_Beach_Roa…

and other maps at Reply #7 at tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297914-i10908-k…

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
414 posts
150 reviews
10. Re: Where to eat near La Flora??

Thanks have already looked at some of your maps and will print them off. I can manage a ten minute walk

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak