We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

All I want is a comfy bed and an outdoor bathroom under 2000 THB a night in February, any info greatly appreciated as most beds are like rocks!!

Does anyone think this is possible?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

An out door bathroom I might be able to help you with....Actually it's a shower surrounded by walls with no roof....And the sunlight and moonlight hits you in the face....Nang Thong Bay Resort 1 and/or 2 beach or garden bungalows only have this facility...Not their superior rooms...

Every bed I have slept in,in Phuket/Khao Lak has been quite firm....I wouldn't say it was rock hard...??...However,i quite like the firmness of their beds as it keeps my back nice and flat....But then I could sleep on a slab of rock too,ifn' there was a towel between me and the rock....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

I would agree with cocotang about outdoor shower at NTBR but not at less than 2000 baht in February. As outdoor showers are one of Mrs.A's "No No's" accommodation with them aren't high on our radar. As for hard beds, they are the norm in Thailand for "Hotel Standard", as, I believe it is thought they last longer.

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

Outdoor showers are rare, and reservation is accepted only for people that loves mosquitos :-)

Suggested time for shower is from 6 to 7 PM.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,038 posts
1 review
4. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

As has already been said, less than 2,000 baht will be a challenge in February, alimae.

One way to combat the hard beds is to ask for a mattress topper, sometimes called pillow top. We've always found the resorts very obliging.

Can't say I've seen any outdoor showers in the bungalows at Nang Thong Beach Resort. (NTBR2)

Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

love outdoor bathrooms as I love nature being an aussie we are use to bugs

Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

thanks for the info I might go down to Koh Jum instead

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
7. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

I've never understood why a shower room with no roof is a particular attraction. :-)

Edited: 28 October 2011, 11:53
8. Re: Comfy bed and outdoor bathroom

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 10:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak