We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving?

chicago
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Diving?

Hello, I'll be traveling to Khao Lak in mid-January and plan on getting my open water certification. I was wondering if it is a better idea to book in advance or to wait until I get there and shop around? Any advice would be great, and if you happen to know of a cheap place to stay I'd love to know as well. Thanks so much!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: Diving?

It depends how long you are staying and how flexible on dates you are. January is one of the busiest months so booking in advance for both accommodation and diving courses is advisable. You don't tend to find rates for diving courses as negotiable on the day or on offer anyway as much as the more volume orientated tourist tours.

What is your budget for accommodation then we can advise on what falls into that category and for how many persons?

See here for a list of accommodation throughout Khao Lak www.seadragondivecenter.com/accommodation.htm

Sea Dragon are an established Dive Operator offering both the course you want and they have their own Accommodation. So a good place to start.

Here is a list of Dive centres www.khaolakyellowpages.com/divecenters.html

2. Re: Diving?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak