We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kantary Beach Villas

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Topic
Kantary Beach Villas

Aussie Alert

take a look at Scoopon Travel

5 nights in a "villa " for $ 249 or 10 for $498

valid up until end october 2012 with a lot of good travel times

a pretty good deal for this kind of property..

happy travels

procol.

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

Procol

Yeah looks like a good deal, but Kantary IMHO is a bit isolated !!

OK if you organise a Car or Scooter & have your own transport to zip around to the great local eating spots!

& luv commuting on those bumpy, pothole roads !!

I like to be more central in Bang Niang / Bang La On

Dont want to be dependent on the hotel shuttles etc.

Food for thought

Specz

Edited: 21 October 2011, 13:06
Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

Agree Specz,

not for me either, but a place rapidly gaining a following ..

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

The Kantary is particularly busy in the Dry Season and especially over Xmas/new Year and Easter i.e. European school holidays at is targeted specifically at the Scandinavian family market with daily charter flights from various airports in Scandinavia during that period. However, they do not fly in the wet Season so the Kantary relies on competing with other resorts on other locations during that time and prices its accommodation accordingly. It's a big resort and getting bigger with the addition of another 75 bungalows going on at the moment, so the sense of isolation in the Wet Season is definitely a factor to consider.

However, if you want the gorgeous Pak Weeb Beach virtually to yourself and are prepared to hire a car or a scooter ..........

Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

I just saw this deal and am very tempted. Would you suggest this would be a perfect place for total R & R in March ? Two highly stressed adults who just want to eat, sleep, relax, maybe eat some more, and get a bit of sunshine....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,391 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

The Kantary in High Season (November to April) is a very popular resort, particularly with families from Scandinavia. It is a family orientated resort with Scandinavian package holidays specifically being targeted. I understand that in March bookings are high.

That said, the resort is located on the best beach in Khao Lak (Pak Weeb) adjacent to the very busy White Sand Beach with 3 restaurants on the right and two more, including the excellent Boatyard to the left. Plenty of space on that beacxh to enjoy the sun you will get. To eat more, you would need to get the resort shuttle or a taxi into the main townships of Bang Niang (15 minutes) or Bang La On (20 minutes) for the best selection of restaurants, bars and shops.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,167 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
238 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

Agree ......would luv a break in March.......try contacting Kantary & see what feedback you get about vacancies then !!

From the feedback I have received from Kantary .......try middle April onward !!

They are obviuosly trying to fill in the quiet times AKA "LOw Season"

Cheers

Specz

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

I agree with Specz.....first check availability with Kantary if you have particular dates in mind. But mention that you are potentially going through Scoopon. We had terrible troubles getting the dates we required. The resort initially indicated that they only had availability from April. They finally agreed to the dates we needed but it took some negotiating. As I understand it, the resort must keep a certain number of rooms available for all accommodation websites they have contracts with??? And obviously trying to fill rooms in the wet season is their preference.

I would make sure there is a guarantee of dates required before I purchase an accommodation offer in the future such as Scoopon.

Looking forward to visiting Khao Lak. Sounds like it is a fabulous place!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
188 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

Scoop

u will have a ball in Khao Lak.

Its a complete contrast to Patong & such a relaxing location.

Enjoy

Specz

Edited: 14 February 2012, 02:06
Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Patong
Patong
Phuket, Thailand
Australia
Level Contributor
77 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

Thanks everyone for your input. I've contacted the property and they can confirm my dates, so it's looks like I'm going to take myself on a much needed holiday !

10. Re: Kantary Beach Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 13:12