We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haadson Resort and nearby eateries

Birmingham
4 posts
Save Topic
Haadson Resort and nearby eateries

Well my partner and I have just booked the Haadson for next month.....sooo excited! We chose the resort because all the reviews and forums say what a fantastic chillax place it is.

It does look spectacular.

We are not bothered about its remoteness, in fact, that was one of the deciding factors, having considered Ramada, Laguna, Merlin and many others. This will be our 2nd visit to Khao Lak area, having stayed at La Flora a couple of years ago and whilst we normally do not like to return to an area, we fell in love with this place.

We love everything Thai, particularly Thai food (our 6th visit in as many years!).

Whilst the Haadson is a little remote; people have been saying there are a handful of places to eat nearby…………

So I suppose, my main question is...... any recommendations?!

Mentioned in this post
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Patong Merlin Hotel
Patong Merlin Hotel
1,866 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
La Flora Resort & Spa
La Flora Resort & Spa
1,142 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Haadson Resort and nearby eateries

I think you will not go far wrong with any of them. The one we have visited most is on the next promenade south of the Haadson, near the new Tsunami Evacuation Centre, about 5 -10 minutes walk along the beach or along the road past the (unused) jogging track.

If you want a good meal or drink but a longish walk (perhaps 20 - 30 minutes) , go south along the beach and you will reach the excellent Kai's Family Seafood Restaurant just past the Bangsak Village Resort and just before you reach the Royal Bangsak. Go across the creek there and a few hundred metres you will be on the fabulous Pak Weeb Beach where there are more restaurants, especially the super Ma Ma Lek's. I'm sure if you ask Mr.Lek nicely he will take you back to the Haadson or even pick you up if you fancy a lovely sunset dinner there.

If you want some really authentic Thai cuisine get a taxi from the Haadson north along the highway past the turn off for Koh Kho Khao and the Tsunami Memorial, through the small town of Bang Muang and turn left immediately before the bridge and go down a couple of hundred metres to the excellent Bamboo Floating Restaurant - which at the time you are there should actually be floating as there should be plenty of water in the river.

There are a couple of very good restaurants next to the Tsunami Memorial too, especially good for fresh fish and if you go just before sunset you will see the fishing boats from around the headland at Baan Nam Khem heading out into the sunset for the next day's catch.

Mentioned in this post
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bangsak Village
Bangsak Village
565 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Birmingham
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Haadson Resort and nearby eateries

Many thanks.

Some great intel there. It seems there is more around the Haadson than some would lead you to believe, especially as we are not afraid of a "good walk".

I did forget to also ask, where the nearest shop/mini mart may be for those essential tins of Chang Beer!

Thanks again, we both feel suitably reassured.

Mentioned in this post
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,450 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haadson Resort and nearby eateries

Well, that's a different matter as there are no shops/minimarts in the near vicinity and you would REALLY love to have a Very Good walk to the nearest which is back along the main highway past the Royal Bangsak Beach, then the Le Meridien to the 711 on the corner leading down to Cape Pakarang. Too far to walk IMO. I think the Haadson has a shuttle into Bang La On so a trip to the Nang Thong Supermarket to fill up with essentials will probably figure early on your agenda! :-)

Mentioned in this post
Bangsak Beach
Bangsak Beach
95 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,498 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Haadson Resort
Haadson Resort
271 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
4. Re: Haadson Resort and nearby eateries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 16:47