We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Memories Bar/Restaurant

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Memories Bar/Restaurant

memoriesbar-khaolak.com is up and running if anybody is interested..

Only a small local Thai business...Not a huge 5 star resort concern...

I was so happy to meet Ching last May...A really nice guy who would go out of his way to help you as much as he could...

Loved surfing with and mixing with the gang @ Memories...

Please drop in and say Hi to them when you are there.....They really are a great friendly bunch and a really wonderful,peaceful spot....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Memories is located on Pakarang Beach directly opposite the Apsaras Resort on the stretch going south.

You can reach it either down the main road from Highway 4, with 711 on the corner and signposted Toklaburi (and others) Resort that also leads to the Sarojin, Kantary and Boatyard Restaurant. Go straight down to the bottom of this road and turn left at the T-junction. Go to the end and park up just before entrance to the Apsaras and walk across the beach (may have to wade, depending on tide).

Alternatively, coming from Bang Niang turn left from Highway 4 down the track immediately before the Khao Lak Elephant Camp.

Alternatively, if you are staying at the JWM or points south and fancy the walk, cross the creek immediately north of Ma Ma Greetin's and the other restaurants (which are also now starting to prepare to open) on the northern end of Khuk Khak Beach and you will reach Memories on your right.

Free loungers as long as you eat or drink there so you can spend the day or a few hours there.

Clickable link to website http://www.memoriesbar-khaolak.com/

Mentioned in this post
The Sarojin
The Sarojin
1,866 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Boatyard
Boatyard
239 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Khuk Khak
Khuk Khak
Khao Lak, Thailand
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Alternatively,coming from Bang Niang turn left from highway 4 down the track immediately before the Khao Lak Elephant camp....!!...

A tip...This road is very windy and full of potholes....It's ok and dry if it hasn't rained...However the potholes are full of water otherwise and it can be a slippery obstacle course....This road/track will take you right up to Memories....

Yes...You can spend the day there or even stay overnight at only 200/300 baht/night....Thanks A...

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Perth
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Hey Cliff,

Is the Pakarang Surf Shop sign on Highway 4 next to The Khao Lak Elephant camp? We had wondered if the track went down to the beach.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,446 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Yes, that's the track Cliff and I were referring to for Memories.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Yes Mark and Tan...As A says...That's the track....Memories and Pakarang Surf are owned by Ching @ Pakarang Beach....

If you haven't been there...It is a fabulous place to chill during the day,sunset,sunrise or evening.....Tho' as A says,the locals like their music up fairly loud which can disturb the peacefullness....They play reggae which is ok by me...!!

Anyway,I did ride the track just after it rained and it is a heck of a ride.....Dodging one foot waterfilled potholes and slipping and sliding all over the paddock....Numerous times I nearly lost it....The tires on the rental scooters are not designed for these conditions....be great to do the ride with Tanya and yourself one day...But Tanya riding pillion might think she is in a bucking bronco show on that track....I know Anny would crap herself...!!...LOL

Perth
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Good one Cliff. Just as well you didn't have Anny on the salang!! Try dodging those pot holes with 3 wheels.

We will have to check out the beach at Memories next August.

Cheers tanmar

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

I'll try and tee up with Anny a trip back in August also...It all depends on her college times on and times off...

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Hi Cocotang

gee the food would want to be good..lol...

https:/…

cheers

Procol

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

Heya Procol...Actually,Memories was closed when you and I were there in May...

However,Ching invited Anny and I to a barbecue there one night even tho' it is officially closed for low season.....Actually a friend I met there,Carlos provided all the seafood he bought from the markets and Memories provided the fried rice and other salads and stuff....

Carlos couldn't believe how cheap all the fresh seafood was.....

One thing I am concerned with tho' is....The crabs were definitely undersized and immature,so were the lobster....Which leads me to believe that the poor sea animals haven't got a chance to mature before being plucked out of the ocean...??...Which would lead to low supplies in the future...!!??....

It was a great meal anyway,and a great night....

10. Re: Memories Bar/Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 07:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak