We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

Just a couple more weeks left now til we're off for a much needed but short break to Thailand. Woohoo! Had to change our flights around a bit cuz duh silly me didn't do my research early on about the Similan Islands not opening til November which is our big to-do list. Anyway all sorted now, we will be there from the 2-5th November.

We are staying at the Kantary Beach Resort and I'm just wondering, would there be tour operators there or around the area? Or is it best to go to Bang La On to book our tour? From searching prevous forum replies I've read that Fantastic, Ruk Tulay and SeaStar seem to be the highly rated tour operators for a 1-day trip to the Similans. Would there be much of a price difference from booking it when we get there as opposed to online?

Thanks very much in advance for the advice!

Cheers, Coco

Mentioned in this post
Similan Islands
Similan Islands
625 Reviews
Phang Nga, Thailand
Seastar
Seastar
202 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

Hi Coco

not sure if there are many tour shops neay the kantary, but i'm sure others will know if there are

Dont book on line, wait until you arrive as the price will be cheaper and being at the opening of the season i would think a deal is there to be had.

heaps of tour shops in bang niang and bang la on.

any of those 3 operators should provide a great day out

Enjoy.....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

I'm sure there will be a tour desk in the Kantary but just check prices there before booking. There also was one next door on White Sand Beach belonging to the centre bungalow resort but I understand that is now, guess what, a tailor's shop!!!!

If you walk past White Sand Beach around the headland towards the Le Meridien you will reach the Rim Lay Restaurant and they offer tours with recognised operators at very competitive prices.

Failing that plenty of tour shops in Bang la On and Bang Niang. Shop around.

Mentioned in this post
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Le Meridien Phuket Beach Resort
Le Meridien Phuket Beach...
3,497 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Lay Restaurant
Lay Restaurant
616 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

haha yes it is a tailor shop now, (of all all things!) but Ao Thong Bungalows & Restaurant (the one in the middle) can still organize tours, they are building a new reception and tour area at the front of the resort near to the road,

see Mr Nueng to see what they can offer

have a great holiday Coco :-)

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,822 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

Thanks very much for the advice! We'll definitely walk down to White Sand Beach and have a look for those place you all mentioned.

Arandora - I was looking for maps of the area around Kantary (TA hasn't got a map up for it yet) and I finally found it in one of your map links so thanks for that. I think it was still under construction then by the looks of the map.

mossy - are you back already?!?!! I'll have to have a look through the forum posts for your trip report! Gosh time's gone sooo fast when you're having fun :-)

Cheers, Coco

Mentioned in this post
White Sand Beach
White Sand Beach
2,181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

Yes Coco back already :-( time does fly when you're having fun, we had the best time this time come rain or shine, (i have a few jbr's out)

Khao Lak is beautiful, try the meals at Ao Thong they are great and cheap too, we had some massive tiger prawns one night, like mini cray fish yum! and they cooked veggies in oyster sauce mmmm! to die for.....i want to go back...any room in you cases for us lol :-)

Kantary looks great and the beach is fab

happy hols and have fun :-)

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
6. Re: Last and Final Question Thanks again!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 00:49
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak