We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

most secluded beach resort in khao lak

London, United...
1 post
Save Topic
most secluded beach resort in khao lak

Hello,

I am planning my honeymoon to Khao Lak in Jan 2012, can someone advise the most private resort / beach?

I would prefer this seclusion seeing as it is my honeymoon, and at night we can then venture into town (is it khao lak town or takua pa? so confused :) )

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: most secluded beach resort in khao lak

First, welcome to the Khao Lak Forum, the forum for all things Khao Lak. The Takua Pa Forum was a temporary aberration by TA that only served to confuse new Members and annoy existing ones.

Secondly, congratulations on your forthcoming honeymoon and for choosing a wonderful place to enjoy it. I hope the Forum members will be able to help you plan your holiday and choose accommodation that meets your wishes.

Khao lak has over 25km of beaches, some with accommodatioin on or near them, others in more secludrd areas but none of them ever give the appearance of being crowded, even when it is Peak Season, such as January, which is one of the best months for weather.

Favourite resorts for honeymoons are:

* the 5* Sarojin - voted the Best Resort In Thailand 2010 it is located on Pak Weeb Beach which is generally regarded as the most beaitiful in Khao Lak. Although the resort itself is private, it is adjacent on one side to the Kantary Beach Resort, popular with families, and on the other to the very popular with day trippers White Sand Beach.

* the 5* Le Meridien - also on Pak Weeb Beach but around the cove further north and on proably the best stretch. Some people mistakenly believe this to be a private beach as it gives that impression but all beaches in Khao Lak, indeed Thailand, are public beaches, just some are more public than others and vice-versa. A large hotel blessed with lots cof accommodation types to choose from and excellent facilities.

Pics of Pak weeb Beach from Dec 2010 to April 2011 at https:/…

Both these resorts are about 20 minutes from Bang La On, the main township of Khao Lak by shuttle or taxi.

* the 5* J W Marriott - located on the long and beautiful Khuk Khak Beach, this realtive newcomer to KL's top end resorts, there are no other resorts in the immediate vicinity but there are a handful of beach restaurants nearby.

Pics from last High Season of Khuk Khak Beach at https:/…

About 15 minutes to Bang La On

* the 4* Paradise Resort - located on Sunset Beach with just a few other resorts and 10 minutes by taxi into Bang La On, this smaller boutique resort has accommodation nestling among the foliage on the hillside or at beach level. Very popular and, indeed, already may be fully booked for January.

Pics od Sunset Beach at https:/…

I hope this helps.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1,843 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: most secluded beach resort in khao lak

Hi Arandora,

Sorry to barge in, but Thanks for the beautiful photos of Pak Weeb Beach! I've been googling photos of this beach for a couple of days now but I'm not sure if all the google images are accurate. That beach looks so absolutely gorgeous!! The colour of the water is just incredible! Two more weeks until we check into the Kantary so your photos are making the days just a little bit quicker!

Cheers,

Coco

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: most secluded beach resort in khao lak

Hi,

Having had a look at the images there are certainly ones other than of Pak Weeb, indeed there are some that aren't even of Khao Lak, of Krabi for instance.

However, it won't be long now before you are sampling the true delights yourself. :-)

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Ko Pha Ngan
Level Contributor
2,059 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: most secluded beach resort in khao lak

Haadson Resort is well out of the way. Although not a 5 star it is probably the most private of them all. But it may not be ideal as it is quite far from anything, including the town's restaurants, bars, etc.

5. Re: most secluded beach resort in khao lak

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 02:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations