We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on arrival date, time and transfer from airport

Tennessee
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on arrival date, time and transfer from airport

I'm in the early stages of planning a trip to Khao Lak from Denver Colorado USA.

For a departure date of Friday April 20, the arrival in Phuket is 2 days later at 12:20 am. Does this mean we will be arriving in Phuket on Sunday April 22 at 12:20 am ?

Are there taxi services out of the airport to Khao Lak at that early time of the morning ? I'm looking at the Ramada in Khao Lak and it is suggested to reserve a room 1 day before arrival for an early check in.

Between all the conversions in currency and the metric system, my brain is swimming ! TIA.

Edited: 08 October 2011, 00:21
Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Tennessee
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on arrival date, time and transfer from airport

Duplicate post with no way to remove. Sorry.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,774 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on arrival date, time and transfer from airport

Hi,

"Duplicate post with no way to remove"

Yes there is... Click on "Report inappropriate content" at the bottom of your original post.. the under the drop down menu choose "remove my post". Only the original author can choose this option.

Travel Safe,

Edited: 08 October 2011, 00:28
Tennessee
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on arrival date, time and transfer from airport

Thanks again !

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Advice on arrival date, time and transfer from airport

Hi BlackPearl

to answer your questions:

if your itinarary states arrival time and date on 22nd April @ 12.20am in Phuket then that is when you arrive, on local Phuket time, itinararies always state times in local area times

check with Boss taxi's for a transfer from Phuket airport to your hotel email: cheaper_khaolak@ymail.com they are a very reliable and friendly service and highly recommended, we have used them many times, the usual rate is 1000bhat from Phuket airport to Khao Lak but at your time of arrival there may be an extra cost, just email and check with Boss

with your hotel you will have to book the extra night for checking in at that time (which will be about 2am) as you will need the room for the night, the rates go from 2pm to between 10am-12noon next day, and you are checking in between those times, so yes an extra night payment will be necessary

Alternatively may I suggest you booking an airport hotel for the night and head up to Khao Lak in the morning, as Khao Lak is another hour travel on top of your already long journey, if it were me i would take an airport hotel for the night, only a few mins to a local airport hotel, have a nice sleep, breakfast and book your taxi for around 12noon to 1pm to head up to Khao Lak

for your currency conversions print out a travellers cheat sheet from this link:

www.oanda.com/currency/converter

hope that helps a bit with your enquiries

safe and happy travelling :-)

Mentioned in this post
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Phuket Airport Hotel
Phuket Airport Hotel
516 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
5. Re: Advice on arrival date, time and transfer from airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 03:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations