We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused about arrival time and date

Tennessee
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Confused about arrival time and date

I'm in the first stages of planning a trip to Khao Lak from Denver Colorado USA. For a departure date of Friday April 20, the arrival time in Phuket is 2 days later at 12:20 am. So does this mean we will be arriving in Phuket on Sunday April 22 at 12:20 am ? Is there any taxi service between Phuket and Khao Lak at that early time of the morning ? Any advice on how this transfer from the airport to the Ramada Khao Lak is usually made with such an early arrival time ? I read on the Ramada site that for an early check in you need to reserve the room for 1 day prior to arrival. Between all the various conversions of language, currency, temperature, distance, and date line, my brain is swimming ! TIA.

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Phuket
Phuket
Thailand
Ramada Khao Lak Resort
Ramada Khao Lak Resort
2,150 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Tennessee
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused about arrival time and date

Duplicate post, sorry.

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Air Travel, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,778 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused about arrival time and date

Hi,

That's about right..

If you leave the US in the daytime, your normal arrival time in BKK-- after making your connection somewhere in Asia (like Tokyo, Seoul, Hong Kong, etc) is in the late(r) evening the next day or +1 ... as you cross the international dateline heading west..

Given you say 00:20, that tells me you're on Asiana via Seoul's Incheon airport.. So yes, you'd leave the US west coast gateway in the mid afternoon, arrive in Seoul the next day in the late afternoon to early evening.. then connect a few hours later to HKT which leaves right around 20:00 and arrives in HKT a few minutes after midnight.. so now it's +2 from your original departure.

make sense?

Travel Safe,

Mentioned in this post
Phuket Intl Airport
Phuket Intl Airport
Phuket, Thailand
Tennessee
Level Contributor
129 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused about arrival time and date

Many thanks !

4. Re: Confused about arrival time and date

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 03:47