We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

you beauty

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
you beauty

g,day all , arriveing monday 10 th staying at ntbr1 for 14 days .

two ,q ,

weather?

and where to have a romantic dinner for two .

cheers bat

Little Italy
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Italian, Pizza, Barbecue
Pam's Restaurant & Bar
₹, Seafood, Asian, Thai
Siam Turmeric
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Seafood, Fast food, Deli
Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: you beauty

We are at Khao lak at the moment. The weather isn't great - locals saying wetter than usual but still lovely and warm with the odd sunny patch. The chef at our resort tells us that it always rains during the vegetarian festival, which ends today, and is sunny after that, so based on that info, you'll be fine!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: you beauty

Bang La On where you are staying is full of restaurants but not exactly overflowing with ones with a romantic ambiance. Depending on the weather I would ask the management at your resort to make you a dinner on the beach at sunset.

Alternatively catch a sangthaew up the highway to the Hill Tribes which is just before you reach Bang Niang. They have a Kantoke dining area (where you sit or lounge around a low table, Northern Thailand style) and will provide you with the appropriate headgear and a Kantoke buffet.

If you want to dine inside in air-conditioned comfort, the Candle just around the corner on the road leading from the 711 in Bang Niang to the beach is a nice spot with some more unusual Thai fusion cuisine.

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: you beauty

thanks roses and alan, our second time in khao lak ,rough idea of the layout ,and will still enjoy our brake from the ratrace in cannington

cheers bat

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: you beauty

My pic is me in the kantoke @ Hilltribes....!!

Fanatastic as A says for a romantic dinner....Bit lonely by yourself tho'...??...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,405 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: you beauty

I would never have recognised you from that distance. LOL

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: you beauty

Gday every one

At NTBR1 at moment

Weather been good last few days possible rain today tho

Had some great meals especially My Style excellent

and recommend Jung Seafood

Cheers Bat

Perth
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: you beauty

Lap it up Bat. Wish we were still there. Walk down the beach to the right and try breakfast at the Green Beach Resort. Doesn't look much, but a good cheap breakfast right on the beach with your toes in the sand. Check out the prices on the menu.

tanmar

8. Re: you beauty

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 16:46
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations