We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

Aarhus, Denmark
6 posts
1 review
Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

We have planned our honeymoon in Thailand fron the 13th -29th of october and now we are seeing in the news that there are heavy rain all day long and floodings.

We have planned to be in Bangkok the 13th-17th and the rest of the time i Khao Lak. Is there anyone that can tell me about the situation there at the moment?

Should we be seeking other places in Thailand?

I really hope that somebody could helps us!

Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

Hi Ambi, have a look at my reply to Bats question above. It's rainy, but no floods here.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
15,864 posts
2. Re: Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

Bangkok and Khao Lak are not flooded but many other areas are. Its is monsoon season so rain is normal at this time of year.

Aarhus, Denmark
6 posts
1 review
3. Re: Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

Thank you for the Info.

But is it raining All day long or is it just a shower in the afternoon?

derbyshire, england
Level Contributor
68 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

Hi Ambii79, we have been in khao lak 12 days and the weather has been dreadful! Only 6 hours of sun on 02 October and the rest of the time it has mostly been torrential rain. We have visited Thailand on several occasions at this time of year and yes we have had occasional rain but nothing at all like this. However although our holiday has been completely spoiled by the weather - we go back to England on Friday morning - I honestly believe by the time you arrive it should be back to normal. The locals we have been speaking with believe it will be much better soon. you have a lovely honeymoon - hopefully we can arrange another holiday for later in the year! Best wishes.

Khao Lak, Thailand
Level Contributor
144 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

Weather today: The sky in Bang Niang and La On is covered with clouds but no rain so far. The prevailing SW Monsson is said to be over by the beginning of next week. "Isaan Hot Pot" is a very good choice of food in this kind of weather.

Sorry, couldn't resist, this is supposed to be a comical reply:

"Why is Corruption so Pervasive in Thailand? Could it be the Weather?"

https:/…

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
6. Re: Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

"Their central idea is that ethnocentrism and out-group avoidance function as a kind of behavioral immune system." - you have a very weird sense of humour. LOL

Edited: 05 October 2011, 20:11
7. Re: Will the floods in Thailand ruin my honeymoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 October 2012, 15:51
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak