We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Flora

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
La Flora

Hello,

We stayed at the Ramada Resort last year and had the most wonderful time. We're going back to Khao Lak again in January and have been quoted a really good price for La Flora quite a lot cheaper than Ramada.

Anyone been to La Flora recently? I have read the reviews which seem very good but wondering why so much cheaper than Ramada.

Also, does it have a bar - like Sassi's?

Look forward to your replies

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
1. Re: La Flora

The Ramada seems slower than usual in putting out its prices for next season but I think the La Flora is probably keen to regain some of the lost ground against the growing popularity of the Ramada. The La Flora has its main retaurant/bar directly overlooking the beach whereas Sassi's is seperate from the breakfast restaurant and more of an international entertainment venue also. Sassi's has been extensively renovated over the Wet Season.

england
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,646 posts
26 reviews
2. Re: La Flora

I was looking at the Ramada initially when considering our first trip to Khao Lak but decided to book the La Flora as it gets good reviews and was quite a bit cheaper than the Ramada. Arandora, can you go to Sassis for the entertainment if you are not staying at the Ramada?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
3. Re: La Flora

Yes. It is or was open to non-residents. I can't see them changing that policy. You can either go in through main reception or from the beach which is just about nearest way from La Flora but in the dark or with decent shoes on probably better to go via reception. I wonder whether "Elvis" will still be at Sassi's? Even when he wasn't Elvis he still sang Elvis songs!!! LOL

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: La Flora

Thanks for your replies, I think I'm going to go with the La Flora and then visit Sassi's for a cocktail or two!

All the reviews for La Flora are great, so I'm sure it will be great.

Thanks

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
5. Re: La Flora

You are welcome - and did you notice? Yours was the first topic to be appear on the KHAO LAK FORUM!!! :-))

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
101 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: La Flora

I did notice I was the first - it's a sign for a good holiday hopefully. Great that the forum is back.

7. Re: La Flora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2012, 20:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak