We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cooking classes

Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Cooking classes

Can anyone recommend a good cooking class? Preferably one that starts with purchasing the ingredients at the markets? (sorry - I know I'm asking lots of questions at the moment!)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cooking classes

There are a number of places that offer Thai Cookery classes in Khao Lak. In addition to Oor at the excellet Smile Restaurant see this link for others tripadvisor.co.uk/…26450826

Note that the reference to Everyday is now at the Everyday 2 Restaurant which is opposite the Laguna Resort at the entrance to Bang la On.

Perth
Level Contributor
583 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cooking classes

I would also recommend Goi at the Everyday 2. I have attended two cooking classes with her and the day starts with a visit to the markets to buy the food which is an experience in itself. She explains alot of things as you shop with her that gives you an insight to how things operate. You get to choose 3 dishes that you want to cook which is great because you get to choose your favourites. You do all the preparation and then finally the eating of your hard work. It is a half day course and costs about 1200baht.

tanmar

Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cooking classes

Thank you - sounds like there are some great options to choose from.

sydney
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cooking classes

How do you get in touch with the Everyday 2 to organise a cooking class before getting to Khao Lak?

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cooking classes

You really don't need to. Just go for a meal or pop in when passing and arrange time to suit both parties.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cooking classes

Hi Rolystone, we stayed at The Ramada in May, and Chef Nit took us to a local market about 4km north of the Bang Niang markets on the right hand side of the H'way. He walks you all around informing you of the produce that you will need and explaining anything that you didnt know of certain foods.

Then back to the Ramada to cook your 3 course meal, you will either cook on the lawn or inside but still over looking the ocean, it took about 3 hours and well worth it. Even if you are staying elsewhere you can also book, it was a morning we wont forget and loved it. We would highly recommend this to anyone.

sydney
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cooking classes

Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to be super organised as usual...need to be in relaxed holiday mode, and go with the flow!

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cooking classes

I'm sure a meal and a drink or two when you arrive will soon get you in relaxed holiday mode! LOL

9. Re: Cooking classes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2013, 22:45
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak
Recent Conversations