We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last minute accommodation worry

Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Last minute accommodation worry

We are heading to Khao Lak at the end of Sept. I havebooked Ayara Villas based mainly in the fact that they have a 2 bed bungalow (we are travelling as a family of four), and it seems like a good location andgood value. But...I have been reading the forum religiously and have noticed how popular the ntbr resorts are. I see one if them has a 2 br apartment - just wondering if anyone has stayed in it and can advise? The beach front bungalows look fantastic but look like they only sleep 2. There's not a great deal of info about Ayara and I'm just hoping I've made the right decision!!

Mentioned in this post
Khao Lak
Khao Lak
Phang Nga Province, Thailand
Ayara Villas
Ayara Villas
181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Ayara Kamala Resort & Spa
514 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Perth
Level Contributor
577 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last minute accommodation worry

Hi Roses273

Were not fully familiar with the quality and facilities at the Ayara villas, other than to say, they are in a great location and we don't think you will be disappointed with your decision. The beach adjacent to the Ayara is great and it is only a short walk to a good number of restaurants.

We have stayed at the NTBR1 a number of times in the beach bungalows and they are fantastic. We have seen families with two fold away beds in the bungalows, but I think they may get a bit crowded.

We had a look at the 2 br apartments and they are fantastic for a family and appear to be very popular. The apartments are set back from the beach a bit, however the grounds and gardens are kept immaculate by a team of 5 wonderful gardners that you see every day tending the grounds.During August, the two apartments were almost always occupied.

Don't think you will regret your decision, especially if you have based your decision on good location and great value.

Have a look at the NTBR 1 and 2 while you are there. May be a good option next time.

tanmar

Mentioned in this post
514 Reviews
Phuket, Thailand
Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,414 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last minute accommodation worry

The Ayara Villas are located at the northern end of Bang Niang Beach immediately adjacent to the brand new 5* Casa de la Flora Resort . The property occupies three sites, (side) beach view bungalows, small pool and restaurant on the beach, garden bungalows (including, I think, the 2 bed bungalows) one road back and a hotel block, restaurant and pool, another road back. The NTBR site is more open plan than the Ayara Villas.

Here are some pics taken last March for a TA Member thinking of booking there https:/…

Here are pics of Bang Niang Beach taken over the same period https:/…

and these of Nang Thong Beach https:/…

Mentioned in this post
Ayara Villas
Ayara Villas
181 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
Casa de La Flora
Casa de La Flora
572 Reviews
Khao Lak, Thailand
Nang Thong Beach
Nang Thong Beach
71 Reviews
Takua Pa, Thailand
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last minute accommodation worry

Yep the 2 bedroom bungalow is in the group of bungalows that is 1 road back from the beach. Had a quick look through the windows of the 2 bedroom bungalow (what they call the holiday house on their website) when we were there in Feb this year. Looked great with a lovely big balcony and kitchen set-up outside. Also close to the smaller 2nd pool.

Think you will be very happy with your accommodation choice :)

Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last minute accommodation worry

Thank you both, feeling much better! Great to have the first hand report of the apartments at NTBR, Tanmar, and Alan, the photos are brilliant. Now we are even more excited about our trip - if that's possible! 24 days to go!

Rylstone, Australia
Level Contributor
66 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last minute accommodation worry

Thank you too, Emjean!

6. Re: Last minute accommodation worry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 07:47
Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak