We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

........and taking me back to my beloved Phuket and Khao Lak (with a short stop in Kuala Lumpur) so excited I just had to share it

LOL ;-)

After a very full on year with 2 kids weddings, all the in-laws and out-laws coming to stay with us for the weddings, my Daughter and her family with my beautiful grand children leaving to live in Austria for a while, very stressful for me :-(

and being laid up for 2 months earlier in the year with a torn calf muscle, (very painful) this is going to be a much welcome holiday for us :-)

can't wait to get back and see our beautiful Thai friends, drink cocktails, eat yummy banana pancakes, lots of massages and just being there....

cheers guys and happy hols to all of you going soon too

all the best

Mossy :-)

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,773 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Only Aussie tourists in Thailand nowadays?

I remember there were a lot of brits and nordics :-)

The first are like italians, without money, but the nordics and the germans are still very rich!

I assume all the trials to get chinese and japs failed, they hate beaches...

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
2. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Khao Lak is becoming increasingly more popular with our friends Down Under these days in the Wet Season as it is their Winter, they have glorious World Class beaches to die for, they don't mind the wet, they get great accommodation at vastly reduced prices - and they have impeccably good taste. :-))

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
262 posts
66 reviews
3. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Have a great holiday Mossy. It certainly seems like you deserve it ;-)

AUSTRALIA
Level Contributor
703 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

All true about the Aussies loving Khao Lak in the wet season which is our winter. Accommodation is a great price but the best thing is .......not many people around, you can have the beach and the pool just about to yourself. We live 5 minutes from Sydney beaches but in summer we travel over 2 hours each way to find a quiet beach. Go to Khao Lak in our winter and we are right on the beach every day bliss............

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
5. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Not all Aussies are beach lovers, our friends are deffinate city people but aim to convert them soon lol

we live 5 mins from a beautiful beach too, the only problem here in WA is it is so bloody windy, you get the Fremantle Doctor (sea breeze) and it blows your head off some days, haha

Khao Lak is just beautiful and wet season is a great time for us to visit (come rain or shine) and seems like more Aussies are discovering it now for a much welcome 'real' beach holiday away from all the hype in Phuket

when we were there last year there was a good mix of all nationalities which was good, we didn't find many Aussies at all, I was tempted to sit at the pool bar and call out "aussie aussie aussie" to see if any one replied 'oi oi oi" LOL :-)

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
6. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Hi L...Have a brill time and if there's anything new about Eden...Let me know please..??...

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
5,819 posts
67 reviews
7. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Hi cocotang

not at Eden until 17th but will certainly let you know if anything changes...although i doubt it haha still same same

we are having the best time in Khoa Lak, so happy to be back here it's just beautiful, we love it, weather been beautiful so far and hoping it stays that way, bit of a shower overnight and today but nothing much, great to catch up with all our friends from last year

will do full jbr on return

cheers

mossy :-)

ps: think we even converted our Melbourne friends they arrived today (hence the rain haha) and they love it here too, their first time in Khao Lak

Edited: 08 September 2011, 20:40
Cape Panwa, Thailand
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
120 reviews
8. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Hi Mossy,

Have a great time and I look forward to your JBR. I hope the sun keeps shining for you. Enjoy

Julie

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
148 posts
29 reviews
9. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Hey mate, hope you're having the best time :)

Can't wait to hear all about it. Xx

Sunshine Coast...
Level Contributor
182 posts
25 reviews
10. Re: WhooHoo...my turn now! Flight # D7 2715...leaving 5/9/11...

Hi Lorraine , wet & windy down here in Karon & has been since we arrived , should have stayed in Khao Lak but there is nothing we can do about it , so many tourists here it was a shock to see so many people around . it was good to catch up & say hello to all . ps is you know who going to update his blob (private joke) have a great time and bye from peter & lorraine 2 .

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak