We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

Burgas
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

Hi Friends,

We are a group of six friends and we booked Beyond resort Khao Lak for our Christmass and New year holiday.

Does anybody know if there are jet ski in the resort and How is the construction work going, because on the official site of the resort there are no live cams or official information.

Thanks in advance,

George Mitzov

norwich
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
32 reviews
1. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

hi last report i read it was on schedule for opening date

i doubt if there will be any jetski operating i think they are banned and never seen one in several trips to khao lak as the whole area is virtually national park.

nb1

Burgas
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

Thanks NorwichBlue1 for the information, are you sure about jet ski...

Burgas
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
3. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

And what about night life, are there ani bars or clubs or Gogo bars... We like snorkeling but what we will do evening times....

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
14 reviews
4. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

No jet ski? How local people can scam the tourists? :-)

Burgas
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
5. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

We have been in Thailand before and we really enjoyed our selves. We didn't get scammed by anyone local nor have we heard about people being scammed during their stay.

So back to my original question are there any good night life places like clubs, Gogo bars and such places?

Burgas
Level Contributor
11 posts
29 reviews
6. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

Oh and by the way are there any places where you can go harpooning?

Coolangatta...
Level Contributor
2,047 posts
1 review
7. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

I think you meant lampooning.

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
8. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

Mitzov,

Khao Lak appears to be completely lacking in what you are looking for.

The coastline is part of a National Park, so motorised water sports are not allowed.

There are no Go Go or Adult bars or Adult Only areas in Khao Lak, just two family friendly Ladyboy Cabaret Bars but plenty of equally family friendly restaurants and bars, including some late night Live Music bars, mainly in the two largest townships, Bang La On and Bang Niang.So plenty to do in the evening for most people.

There is no snorkelling from the beach to speak of along the coastline and certainly none near the Beyond Khao Lak because of the lack of inland reefs and the constant motion of the ocean. There are, however, two World Class Dive and Snorkel sites at the Similan Islands and the Surin Islands which are both about 75 minutes by fast speedboat from their respective departure piers near Khao Lak.

There is no harpooning (or lampooning LOL) at these or any other site.

The Beyond Khao Lak is in a beautiful but secluded location with just a few beach restaurants within walking distance but no shops or built up areas. For restaurants, bars and shops and nightlife, Bang Niang is about 15 minutes by taxi or shuttle (if the resort operates one) and Bang La On about 20 minutes.

I would keep in contact by Email with the resort or through whoever you booked with to confirm that it will actually be open and whether full or part facilities for the dates of your booking. The official opening date was stated as November 2011 but given where it was up to when we saw it last in April, the majority of construction and finishing work will have to be undertaken during the current Wet Season. Recent adverse weather will not have helped in its completion on time.

York, United Kingdom
4 posts
9. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

you have chosen the wrong place pal,patong for bars,go go and the rest,re jet skis ask anyone there for jj s jet skis,he will give you what you want.have a great time

Perth
Level Contributor
589 posts
15 reviews
10. Re: What is going on with Beyond resort Khao Lak

We called into the Beyond Resort two weeks ago. Still a great deal of work to complete at the resort. Most of the bungalows were an outside shell with interiors still to complete. No gardens or surroundings complete.

Many workers and lots of activity. I was amazed last year at how quickly work was completed at the Kantary resort from August through to their November opening.

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak