We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Teeth Whitening?

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Teeth Whitening?

Just wondering if there is a decent place to have my teeth whitened in KL and if anyone knows the cost? Also if they do Zoom whitening?

Thanks

Angie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Teeth Whitening?

Khao Lak Dental Home, the main dental practice in Khao Lak does teeth whitening. It's located in Bang La On just past Khao Lak Land Discoverey going north, same side of the highway. I've got a Price List somewhere, I think, unless we gave it to our dentist to show him how high his prices are in comparison. Well some anyway, as the cost of teeth whitening in Khao Lak was about the same as with him, about £250/12,000 THB/AUD375.

I'll post them if I (rather B) can find them.

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Teeth Whitening?

Thanks Alan...just trying to compare prices with Khao Lak and Bali as will be in Bali in October and then KL in March so not sure where to have it done.

Have seen prices of around 9000THB (AUD$280) in Patong and was wondering if they were the sameish in KL but maybe not :) Bali price is around AUD$400 so a fair bit more. If B can find the price list would love to know definately! Otherwise do you know if the dentist has an email address?

Thanks again

Angie

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Teeth Whitening?

Hi Angie,

See thaimedtour.com/content/…

Will search for Price List later.

Alan

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Teeth Whitening?

Thanks - have sent an email - will post the reply i receive :-)

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
45,458 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Teeth Whitening?

Sorry but Price List was thrown out in Spring Clean but am pursuing another source who had it done last year there.

Victor Harbor...
Level Contributor
123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Teeth Whitening?

emjean.... I had zoom done in Patong January 2011. Clean, modern dentist very happy with result. Drink loads of coffee, so having them done again in Aug 2011.

I have their business card.....

Dental Corner

Open everyday 10am to 8pm

69 Rat-U-Thit 200 Pee Road, Patong Beach Phuket

Telephone (+668) 1802 3800

www.dentalcornerclinic.com

If you have sensitive teeth, you will feel waves of pain after zoom, when you open your mouth and the air hits your teeth, afterwards.

The dentist has you sign a form prior to zoom, telling you that you may feel sensitivity. They also give you a pain killer prior to zooming. The whole process takes one hour.

They give you a gel to apply aftewards for any pain also.(did not work for me!)

You cannot eat or drink any dark foods for 3 days after. So if you like your coffee, coke etc, and will miss out on the great food on holiday, have it done just before you are leaving.

Also, I recommend that you take a tooth ache medicine with you from your local chemist to put on your teeth after the whitening, if sensitive. I went to 4 patong chemists asking, and they did not have anything. My waves of pain lasted 24 hours (pain tablets did not work), only because the bottom two front have a cold senstivity normally and reacted to the zoom.

But, as I said before will have done again because the results are fabulous!

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Teeth Whitening?

Thanks Alan, would be great if you could find out. And thanks ask_the_leylands for your response. Yes have heard about the sensitivity and pain afterwards and was going to have it done on our 2nd last day to avoid spoiling our holiday. Good tip about getting some gel from Australia before leaving!

Thanks for the info on the dentist in Patong. Really wanted to try and get someone in Khao Lak to be able to do it at a good price as we didn't really want to go into Patong at all this trip but thanks for the recommendation anyway. Might have to just go in for a day - good excuse to shop anyway!! Did you have the zoom plus home package option or just the in office one?

Victor Harbor...
Level Contributor
123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Teeth Whitening?

I just had the zoom in office in January this year because I knew I would be returning in Aug 2011 to get teeth done again. The plus home package is zoom plus an at home bleaching kit, I dont like home beaching so didnt choose this. Although, I did hear about a tooth whitening process called Britesmile, this is supposed to be a bit dearer around $12000 bht I heard, but with alot less sensitivity, Now I think about it...I think I will look for this method myself, dont fancy the severe waves of pain again. Have a great holiday.

Victor Harbor...
Level Contributor
123 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Teeth Whitening?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g297930-i9925-k315…

this tripadvisor link might help with britesmith client feedback...

Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
226 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Teeth Whitening?

thanks for the link - excellent info and Britesmile definately sounds like the way to go for less pain :)

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak