We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

wales
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Hi

With much help from Trip Advisor members we have finally decided to book the Nang Thong Resort 1, for the first week anyway. However can anybody advise us if the showers of the beach front bungalows are openair...? If this is the case any advice on other room choice would be greatly appreciated (as long as the bathroom is 'inside' and not openair...

Cheers Ian

The Sarojin
The Sarojin
#1 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
X2 Khao Lak Anda Mani Resort
#3 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Khaolak Paradise Resort
Khaolak Paradise Resort
#5 of 70 hotels in Khao Lak
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Hi,

Just left NBR1 last Friday. The beachfront bungalows have an internal room with a toilet and basin etc with a door leading off to an open air shower (which we found quite enjoyable).

Didn't check the other accommodation, but I suspect the high rise rooms behind the bungalows do not have open air showers.

Suggest send them an email at nangthong1@hotmail.com and ask.

Enjoy !

wales
Level Contributor
77 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Hi jjumpstart,

Thank you very much for your quick reply..most helpful. I have tried now on many occasions to e-mail the resort direct but have not yet recieved a reply, I know its not the end of the world as there are other ways of booking the accomodation required, thanks once again any other tips will be appreciated

Ian

Perth
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Hi idjizatt,

We contact NTBR1 through nangthong1@hotmail.com regularly. Jist is the person who replies to our e-mails.

Sometimes it may take a day or two for a reply, but have always been able to make contact. Hope this helps. tanmar

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
1,259 posts
535 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Hi,

Agree with tanmar ... always had a quick response from Jist at nangthong1@hotmail.com

Did you use that address? ... as there is a .de address listed in many places which in fact is the address of a booking agent.

PS ... If you pm me your email address I can send you a few photos of bathroom etc.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

The Garden bungalows @ 1200 baht per night low season also have a large separate shower with no roof.....

Great for showering whilst checking out the stars....

The superior rooms do not have a roofless shower....I checked out the 3 rd floor superior rooms 1000 baht per night,this May and altho' they say there is ocean views....The trees block a lot of the ocean view even when you're on the balcony...I checked the view from 2 different rooms but still the tree problem...Only glimpses of ocean...

Besides,3 flights of stairs is quite taxing on old bones...!!

So,in my opinion...The garden or beach bungs are the go....

Garden bungs have TV,Beach bungs do not have TV....

Poulton Le Fylde...
Destination Expert
for Khao Lak, Khao Sok National Park
Level Contributor
45,447 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Just for the record the .de website is that of the only authorised booking agent for NTBR other than direct bookings.

melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

which bungalows have the option of twin beds

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Hi Will,

Option of twin beds in which bungalow..??..Ya got me there...wouldn't have a kluger...??...

I can't even remember our bungalow number...!!??..

However,you asked me about restaurants at one stage....

#2 on our list is Ta Kieng Restaurant directly across the road from Bang Niang markets....Great tucker...!!...Try the seafood hotplate....Wow...!!...

Mentioned in this post
Bang Niang Beach
Bang Niang Beach
Khao Lak, Thailand
melbourne australia
Level Contributor
1,853 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

thanks cocotang,

i wouldn't have a kluger either, dont like them...

its on the list for next years trip

cheers.

now if only someone else knows...

Perth
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nang Thong Bay Resort 1

Procol,

All of the beachside bungalows had double beds in them. I am not sure though if some of them were twin beds pushed together and made up to doubles???

The garden bungalows have a selection of twin and double beds.

tanmar

Get answers to your questions about Khao Lak